• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New 75 gallon enclosure heating issue

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I actually got the idea from lizard-landscapes.com I believe. You can search it in case i'm wrong. It's pretty cheap just styrofoam glue and acrylic paint. I had to cut it in half because this tank has a piece of glass right through the center of it. It shows you step by step how to do it but I made mine a little different. I made one for my sons corn snake tank too. It's black with grey highlights and bought some tropical looking plants from hobby lobby and just pushed them into the styrofoam. If either of you decide to do it i'll be here to help with any questions :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I actually got the idea from lizard-landscapes.com I believe. You can search it in case i'm wrong. It's pretty cheap just styrofoam glue and acrylic paint. I had to cut it in half because this tank has a piece of glass right through the center of it. It shows you step by step how to do it but I made mine a little different. I made one for my sons corn snake tank too. It's black with grey highlights and bought some tropical looking plants from hobby lobby and just pushed them into the styrofoam. If either of you decide to do it i'll be here to help with any questions :)
Not any time soon! Thanks though.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I had a similar background, but it was regular foam and after plugging up all the spaces that the crickets could hide underneath, they figured out how to climb up it and run along the top... then they started eating their way through it! I really liked it, though and my beardie enjoyed climbing on it. I saw a few labeled 'rigid' foam... wondering if that is any better.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I've always taken my tweezers and gave the cricket's a little squeeze so they can't get away. They still have a little movement in them to entice him to eat. Some might say it takes away from him getting to run and chase them or whatever but he doesn't seem to mind at all. As for the foam I can't remember if I bought it at Home Depot or Lowes but when I asked an employee they sent me to insulation and there were HUGE sheets of it. I ended up finding what I was looking for on a shelf with 6 pieces for I believe $9.98. The foam isn't the important part that's just for shape. The most important part is 4 or 5 layers of grout. Also just keep some extra paint on hand for touch-ups. I caught my beardie trying to eat some grout that was showing. I just painted over it and put a thick coat of modge podge on it to seal it. I hope I answered your question.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Modge podge is non toxic that is why it's recommended to use it. I have no idea what would happen if he ate the grout or paint. He didn't make the hole in it. I pushed down too hard on it when putting it in there and he started licking at it. Nothing happened to him. I think I fixed it before he had a chance to eat a lot of it if any at all. Just make sure you have thick and multiple coats of Modge Podge to prevent breaking and seal the paint.

Latest posts