• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some suggestion for substrate?

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Wow! Miss Piggy is lovin' life!! I am lucky if Spike will eat 30 crickets in 3 days!! He is a very weird boy. Stayed in his corner propped up on his feet all day yesterday. Didn't eat one cricket and owes me a poop!! Go figure!! :D
Looks like Dino is Spikes brother LOL....Dino hasn't ever been a good eater and now he is fast asleep once again.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
if any of you currently have a slate tile set up or as germ said non adhesive vinyl shelf liners as the substrate in your tanks would you mind taking some pics and posting them? My drossk kicks over his food dish ever dam day of the week and spills his greens worms and everything else all over the place then proceeds to run back and forth over it for about 5 to 10 min. Then he looks at me as if hes thinking "well about time for you to clean this up eh?" so needless to say im switching out the sand.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if any of you currently have a slate tile set up or as germ said non adhesive vinyl shelf liners as the substrate in your tanks would you mind taking some pics and posting them? My drossk kicks over his food dish ever dam day of the week and spills his greens worms and everything else all over the place then proceeds to run back and forth over it for about 5 to 10 min. Then he looks at me as if hes thinking "well about time for you to clean this up eh?" so needless to say im switching out the sand.

LOL! :D Looks like he doesn't want any of his greens and worms. Allie's the same way if she doesn't want them. She'll walk through her greens, scattering them all around her tank, then poop on the dish she eats off of. Then she'll make a lot of noise just to tell me what she's done. If I don't clean her viv up, she'll sit there with a half-black and half-orange beard. Then gives me a look like, "Mommy! I made a biiig mess for you!"

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I went to Lowes and they cut two of the 17x17 ceramic tiles to fit Keena's exo terra. I can get pictures tomorrow. I love it. Now I can go to work and know that Keena will be able to get her feeders. It cost me $3.56 for both tiles/cutting to fit and all :)

blazedragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

i have pics of mine here http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-some-advice.8193/ . if you need more/diff pics feel free to PM me and i'll see what i can do for you.

Latest posts