• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mybeardie.com special

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Time is definately the biggest barrier, but money is not far behind, money is always a little tight. Just like for everyone else. I would also have to convince hubby, especially since I just talked him into Assassin (I didn't have to try too hard for that, but I might be pushing my luck this time). I need to catch him in a good mood. LOL

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
seriously you two i dont want to put anyone out. i listed him here first just cuase its a closer knit community but he is now on two other forums. someone that has the ability to house him and the time to put into him will run across his post im sure.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian, you would not be "putting me out", I am going to talk to hubby this evening about him. Keep the fingers crossed. He would be well taken care of here, and would have plenty of attention to his needs. My first big male required a lot of care the last few months I had him. He had a mass develop by his vent, which the vet removed. In doing so, she had to take part of his lower vent which left the same type of exposed tissue as your little guy. Sadly, however, once we got the results of the histopathy testing back, it was a virus and was quickly spreading. I was doctoring my poor boy for several months before it was his time to go. I learned how to give subcutaneous injections of antibiotics post surgery, and how to keep the exposed tissue area clean and protected. I would have no problem with caring for Lucky, but I need to get the hubby's approval first. Then its a matter of a picking up a 30 long to house him while we built a bigger viv. And, as I mentioned, I would put tile in rather than the sand I use for the 2 large vivs for the girls, as the sand is too abrasive for a baby with this type of soft tissue exposed. Let me get back to you on this after I talk to hubby.

Sandy

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just to clear up one thing. that is actual skin under his neck just no scales developed there. it is not exposed internal tissue it is skin much like what you would see on a trans leather thin and see through.
It will more than likely never grow over but it will never get any worse. i had him checked out by my vet and was told there was nothing to be done to make it grow but was also told it would cause him no issues other than him being special. lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*gently butts Brian outta the way...* we girls got this alllll handled, Bri lov... Never underestimate the power of a Janie ;)
:D*grins*

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol janie you are a riot i see it now you will be a constant source of entertainment when i get down to ga lol

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's good that there is skin there, I haven't had the opportunity to see one of the trans leather up close, so I didn't realize it at first. And I know you wouldn't be rehoming him if he wasn't healthy enough. I just wanted you to know that I have a very good vet available-who takes care of all my babies for everything from check ups, poo samples to the mouth infection I treated my female MHD for and the surgery/care of my first dragon. I also assumed that the scales would never grow over that area.

Sandy

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That was the biggest heart break for me. that no matter what i did i wouldnt be able to make him hole. i went through a good bit of depression over it for a few weeks thinking it was somehow my fault. But i realize it was a fluke you just never know. He luckily has no problems shedding or swallowing (though later in life he may have to be kept on smaller feeders or soft feeders as he wont have the large expandable "storage area" at the base of his throat like adult dragons do.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You did everything you could... He's a Sport, Brian... One in a Million... Look at him in that light, and leave the depression behind...
Oh... and Honestly ?? I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal boring ;)
Just a frumpy old mom with adult kids pestering me all the day long...
If that's exciting.. we really need to get you out more, Brian ;)
Sissy.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Locked by Administrator. Please PM Brian (Crypticdragons) if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts