• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My set up

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That is a really good deal & it will provide your dragon with more than enough room. Keep in mind, with that large of a space, additional lighting may be needed for temps. Don't use any heat pads, they can seriously injure your little dragon. Also, when a used enclosure is used to house your dragon, sterilization & cleaning is very important beforehand.
I'm not supost to use the heat pads you stick on the outside of the tank? I know the heated rocks are bad but I didn't know that about the pads.

With my baby being a baby, if I got this tank I should block off some of the tank corect? I mean 80 gallons is big for even an adult dragon isn't it?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is much more space than what is actually needed. As long as the enclosure can provide correct temps, you're good to go. You've got some time before you'll need a new tank, keep checking Craigslist for something that may be easier to maintain & more suitable for your needs. An 80 gallon for a $100 is a killer deal but that much space really isn't necessary but will make a very cool display.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is a really good deal & it will provide your dragon with more than enough room. Keep in mind, with that large of a space, additional lighting may be needed for temps. Don't use any heat pads, they can seriously injure your little dragon. Also, when a used enclosure is used to house your dragon, sterilization & cleaning is very important beforehand.
I thought you could use heat pads as long as you didn't put them under the tank but on the side was ok? I don't use them, mine stay plenty warm, but I know that Gabe's new owner is using heat pads on the sides.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
thdude, ur doing a wonderful job. u shudnt have 2 justify urself & post pics of ur receipt like that. just totally ignore the ignorance comming from silverado & keep up the gr8 work. a 20 gallon will do just fine 4 a few months. making ur own enclosure is always a gr8 choice as well. i wish 2 build my own some day(when the money is right) & it's fun 2 be able 2 customize ur beardie's home. from wut i kno, if building ur own...u need 2 use non-treated hardwood. non-treated, so the heat lamp can't heat the wood up & cause bad fumes 2 arise. not sure if plexi-glass wud be the best choice, cuz a beardie's nails wud scratch it up pretty good over time. definately the cheaper route tho. & as wuz said above, u wud need a few vents 2 allow air circulation 4 a custom made enclosure. just some pointers worth thinking bout :)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
ok, so i have finally finished my dragons home, took out and then added some things to make it easyer on him and me, crickets were annoying and hiding in his log all the time. though he loved to crawl in it i was afrade he would become stuck

Attachments

• 01010011.JPG
    01010011.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 01010012.JPG
    01010012.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 01010013.JPG
    01010013.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 01010017.JPG
    01010017.JPG