• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first dragon and enclosure build

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
Greatly appreciated I am recovering quite well. My wife is got to be one of strongest women I know to handle her dad and me all in one week. My focus now is getting her through dealing with her dads estate and the enclosure is second on my list because my ninja needs a bigger home.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear of the personal problems of late. That is quite a lot at once. My condolences at the loss of your father in law & wish you the best with your own illness. Cancer is definitely an ugly\scary disease. I, myself, am a Cancer survivor.

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
They got all 5 tumors before they spread. Doctors said it will come back and I have to follow some wired holistic medical diet to keep it from spreading when it comes back.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been fortunate, has not come back since 2005, Prostate Cancer. Once again, wish you the best.

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
BEAUTIFUL HOUSE FOR HIM!!! Me and my bf are planning on building a 4x4x2 enclosure once our 2 1/2 month old beardie gets too big for his 20gl!!! You must give me schematics and ideas for when we do our build!!!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
Man that is awesome looking. I am planning to build one for when my son gets his beardie and that is a great looking enclosure.

Thank you I haven't finished due to being sick but here is what I do have done.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373252157.472405.jpg

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks great. So how is the door done? and how is it inset in the frame? I can do the frame and top pretty easily, but the front is what has me a little puzzled..
I have the opening outlined with 2x2 just recessed from the opening about 1/2 to 3/4 in. there is sliding track nailed to the top and bottom 2x2 the doors are plexiglass I had lowes cut them shorter than the opening so they are removable. The locks are from lowes to they hold all 4 panes in there place and also keep my 2 yr old out of the cage. If you need guidance or have any questions you can call or text me 567-371-1445

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks great. So how is the door done? and how is it inset in the frame? I can do the frame and top pretty easily, but the front is what has me a little puzzled..
I also outlined the whole opening with the fancy trim to add character.

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
BEAUTIFUL HOUSE FOR HIM!!! Me and my bf are planning on building a 4x4x2 enclosure once our 2 1/2 month old beardie gets too big for his 20gl!!! You must give me schematics and ideas for when we do our build!!!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-
When your ready ill help anyway I can. 567-371-1445

Bubbamedic0602

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm sure you will probably hear from me often. One more question for now... What is the actual cage made of? Is it a hardwood ply? I use 3/4 birch to build all my cornhole boards out of for my business.

Schlosser

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm sure you will probably hear from me often. One more question for now... What is the actual cage made of? Is it a hardwood ply? I use 3/4 birch to build all my cornhole boards out of for my business.
If I remember right it's 1/2 or 3/4 stainable plywood.

Latest posts