• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon thinks its human.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are inaccurately called 'Stress Marks'. It is just part of their markings, not all have them or at least not as visible. As with their other makings & coloring, they will lighten & darken when affected by many things, such as, but not limited to, temperature, time of day, mood, lighting, stress, etc. You are partially right with the fawn analogy, they generally are not as noticeable when they are older, more visible when young. The odd ones will lighten & darken but always be visible. Because of the contrast on the light colored underside, the changes are more noticeable than the other coloring variations throughout the day.
Thank you, I personally want the markings to stay. I think they are cool looking.

I didn't know they really changed colors that's much

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you get a chance to take it out into the Natural sun, you will notice a change, similar to how they are in a warm bath. But yes, they do have slight color changes throughout the day. When they want to absorb more heat they will darken somewhat, less they lighten up. Just like on a hot day, it is cooler for us to wear a white T-shirt than a black one.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When you get a chance to take it out into the Natural sun, you will notice a change, similar to how they are in a warm bath. But yes, they do have slight color changes throughout the day. When they want to absorb more heat they will darken somewhat, less they lighten up. Just like on a hot day, it is cooler for us to wear a white T-shirt than a black one.
I see, well thanks for the information. Learn something new about my little guy every day

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, I personally want the markings to stay. I think they are cool looking.

I didn't know they really changed colors that's much
Cleo has dark ones on her belly, and she's 2. I don't think they always fade away. Thank you for the clarification, Germ. I had only heard that they may be temp/stress related.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
again on his back legs, this time in the sun. if he starts using his "thumbs" i think im done for.

Attachments

• Photo0782.jpg
    Photo0782.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo0783.jpg
    Photo0783.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 21

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You have to be quite careful & it is generally not recommended to place an enclosure near or in front of a window. UVB does not pass through solid filters, such as glass or plastic, so it receives no beneficial aspects from the sun. The sun's heat is magnified by the glass & can cause dangerous heat spikes or overheating in the enclosure, oven like. On cooler/colder days an enclosure in front of a window may be susceptible to drafts also, causing unwanted temperature swings. Just a serious, 'Heads Up'

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You have to be quite careful & it is generally not recommended to place an enclosure near or in front of a window. UVB does not pass through solid filters, such as glass or plastic, so it receives no beneficial aspects from the sun. The sun's heat is magnified by the glass & can cause dangerous heat spikes or overheating in the enclosure, oven like. On cooler/colder days an enclosure in front of a window may be susceptible to drafts also, causing unwanted temperature swings. Just a serious, 'Heads Up'
thanks for the info, however the tank is not near a window. what you see is my open closet doors.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
again on his back legs, this time in the sun. if he starts using his "thumbs" i think im done for.
Cool, didn't see a window or closet doors, figured the 'Sun' had to be coming from someplace ;)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I only mentioned it because you said it was in the 'Sun'. :)
ahh, i can see how that may have confused someone. what i ment was kicking back in his "sun" as the lam is the sun to him. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Latest posts