• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon thinks its human.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well I walk in my room to see my dragon standing on its back legs, it must think its human now.

Sorry for the low quality picture but I had to take it with a cell phone. If the images don't work I'm going to post the links.

a0cf3488.jpg

b768cd26.jpg

http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae256/Hometon1/Lizard/

Crazy little guy[/IMG]

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hahahah - pretty soon he's going to be auditioning for the next generation of Geico commercials!!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Now that you said that, it really does look like the lizard from geico. Sanding on its hind legs and all.

Where's a photo competition when you need one.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That's awesome! What a cutie :). It'll be great when he starts sleeping in that position with his face pressed up against the glass... they get into the strangest positions sometimes.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mine has not done It in the past few days, I think it saw its reflection and thought it was another dragon so it went to check it out

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Mine has not done It in the past few days, I think it saw its reflection and thought it was another dragon so it went to check it out
You're probably right. Cleo keeps doing it lately too. I think she's head bobbing to her reflection too, very subtle like. Almost ninja like...

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
More pictures, sorry they are not clear, phone camera again.
8292dea1.jpg

Cute little guy
270dfe9a.jpg

ae9f150f.jpg

51909afa.jpg

Not sure if you can see but he has orange stripes on his sides and spine. He also have triangle like white stripes.

18afdc3a.jpg

Slow ride.....take it easy.....

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He is so cute and little! He'll be a great big strapping man someday.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He is so cute and little! He'll be a great big strapping man someday.
really hoping he keeps his colors and paterns as he gets older.

on his underside he has leapord patern scales, idk if anyone else as seen this befoe, it looks cool

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
really hoping he keeps his colors and paterns as he gets older.

on his underside he has leapord patern scales, idk if anyone else as seen this befoe, it looks cool
I think I know what you're talking about.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yep. I think they're called stress marks. Could be wrong.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are inaccurately called 'Stress Marks'. It is just part of their markings, not all have them or at least not as visible. As with their other makings & coloring, they will lighten & darken when affected by many things, such as, but not limited to, temperature, time of day, mood, lighting, stress, etc. You are partially right with the fawn analogy, they generally are not as noticeable when they are older, more visible when young. The odd ones will lighten & darken but always be visible. Because of the contrast on the light colored underside, the changes are more noticeable than the other coloring variations throughout the day.

Latest posts