• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon escaped for three days and went feral

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This site is not user friendly sonhard ti see someone’s reply back it double shows replies it’s a mess

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon escaped, I found him three days later outside in my yard. We only had him for three days before this, and during those first three days he was extremely docile and barely moved. Now he tries to jump off me all the time and tries to run away any chance he gets. He got a taste of freedom and he wants more. Is there any way to undo the damage?
First of all, You shouldn’t have held him for at least 6 days so he can get use to you. But ur seems to like you. How old is he? If he is Over 5 months you can get him a harness. They are 100 percent safe for beardies. This way they can explore without getting lost or hurt. Some will never except a harness but most are perfectly fine with them. It is normal for him to want to explore. I put mine in the bathroom and put a towel by the door so he can’t crawl under it. Then he can roam freely and you don’t have to worry about him running away again. Mine climbed on the shower curtains really high so make sure to keep an eye on him if you have any more questions ask!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
First of all, You shouldn’t have held him for at least 6 days so he can get use to you. But ur seems to like you. How old is he? If he is Over 5 months you can get him a harness. They are 100 percent safe for beardies. This way they can explore without getting lost or hurt. Some will never except a harness but most are perfectly fine with them. It is normal for him to want to explore. I put mine in the bathroom and put a towel by the door so he can’t crawl under it. Then he can roam freely and you don’t have to worry about him running away again. Mine climbed on the shower curtains really high so make sure to keep an eye on him if you have any more questions ask!
Like @averyhanna_ said this post is 4 years old

Latest posts