• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My dragon, arrived !

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
My dragon finally arived this night, he is a leatherback dragon, and he is very cute one :)

Everyone, meet Rango ! :)

ff3d8e6da3ec54c5480427469b440bdc.jpg

e77b8890f9562b339d31cda0395b19cf.jpg

a8088c7a681e063892ab4a761c82d936.jpg

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
Well hello there Rango! Aren't you just the cutest :)

Thanks ! I just cant get enough of that small head watching around, and watching me :)

I am a bit worried that he is to small, but he had a breakfest this morning, 4 B.Lateralis roaches, in size of his length beetween his eyes..

I will try tomorow to offer him a veggie.. :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe he's tiny :) but what a cutie!! At his age and size don't be surprised if he doesn't eat the veggies/greens just always offer them, at this stage he will be just growing up a storm so bugs will be the key (feed the roaches the greens/veggies that way he's getting the goodies because they are eating them and he's eating the roaches that's what I do as their gi tract is very long so the nutrients stay in them longer)

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
Awe he's tiny :) but what a cutie!! At his age and size don't be surprised if he doesn't eat the veggies/greens just always offer them, at this stage he will be just growing up a storm so bugs will be the key (feed the roaches the greens/veggies that way he's getting the goodies because they are eating them and he's eating the roaches that's what I do as their gi tract is very long so the nutrients stay in them longer)
Thanks, I am feeding my roaches with carrots, should I try something else ?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, I am feeding my roaches with carrots, should I try something else ?
I feed my roaches the the same veggies/greens that I feed to Izzy so they get a little bowl of that, along with the roach chow I mix up.

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
I feed my roaches the the same veggies/greens that I feed to Izzy so they get a little bowl of that, along with the roach chow I mix up.

Thanks again, :) i will do that.. But i am guessing that if i feed my roaches with vegie full with calcium, i will have to seprate my colonies because i am feeding my tarantulas with them aswell..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea what I do is I have my weekly feeders in a 10gal that I give the greens to my main colony is in the basement those just get the normal stuff chow, water crystals and the oranges..

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
I have one question :) When i can start bathing him ? I am worried if he is to small for a bath.. thanks :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have one question :) When i can start bathing him ? I am worried if he is to small for a bath.. thanks :)
Whenever...you can start him in the bathroom sink just enough water up to his elbows and never leave him un attended. I started Izzy out in the bathroom sink and now she get's her bath in the kitchen sink (we have no tub)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Do tarantulas not need calcium? I don't know anything about them that's why I asked. I feed my crickets and supers the salad items for my beardie too and I also use the same feeders for my frogs and haven't had any issues.

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
Whenever...you can start him in the bathroom sink just enough water up to his elbows and never leave him un attended. I started Izzy out in the bathroom sink and now she get's her bath in the kitchen sink (we have no tub)

I will bath him
Do tarantulas not need calcium? I don't know anything about them that's why I asked. I feed my crickets and supers the salad items for my beardie too and I also use the same feeders for my frogs and haven't had any issues.

Hmm i will read about that more, i was reading once about dubias and tarantula feeders, and i think i saw somewhere..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They grow pretty fast. I would say you are going to notice a different in few months. As mine got bigger, because I was with them all the time, I didn't always notice how much they were growing. People would tell me how big they got and and I didn't see what they were talking about LOL!

Latest posts