• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mungi's Live Video Stream Down Til Further Notice- BIG NEWS Updated 11/7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
10/26- Mungi is continuing to improve and his appetite is also. He is now officially back up to 360 grams. Polished off 20 crickets today more in the fashion of the meaning of his name which in Aboriginal language means "Lightning":)
I have decided that if he continues to improve as he has been that when he gets back up to past 400 grams we will turn back on his LiveCam feed again so I know it won't be long now!! We appreciate everyone's continued thoughts, prayers and patience until then while he recuperates:)
Enjoy!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great job Buddha and Mungi! :)Way to go Mungi! You're doing great.

Is it normal for a dragon to sneeze every once in awhile? I don't have no substrate except for paper towels. I've been having my usual fall allergies lately and I've been controlling them. But what about her? Allergies in bearded dragons? No discharge from her nose. She's not acting abnormal or sick though. No color change. Everything looks perfect. Very active.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Noella...any creature can sneeze if there is an irritant in their nasal passage:) I certainly wouldn't be too concerned if your dragon sneezes occasionally unless you start to see a discharge coming from the nose or even eyes or unless you were to hear any rasping or "clicking" in his breathing all of which could be signs of a URI.
All of our reptiles have sneezed on occasion and it's nothing more than just a sneeze. If you wanna see sneezing you should see our Iguana...he has always been a sneezer...I can clean the glass on his enclosure and come back 10 minutes later and he will have sneezed and sprayed the glass already....He's perfectly healthy and been checked out by our vet....personally I think he does it just to be contrary...lol..he likes to pretend he is a " Big Bad Monster Dragon" but its all bluff...soon as I reach in a put a hand on him he becomes a wimpy little kitten..lol
Enjoy!! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She sneezed so many times yesterday and almost all day unless she had her head elevated. Last night, I elevated the head of her bed. It seemed to have helped because so far this morning, she only sneezed twice. And she was 'clicking' yesterday when I listened to her lungs. She was just miserable yesterday and she was dark with stress marks so I knew she wasn't feeling good. I ordered a generic baytril suspension for her in case it gets worse if the mucus starts coming out of her mouth and nostrils. So far, it's not coming out and there's nothing in her mouth.

It got into the mid-thirties last night and since we had a cold day yesterday, that could make anyone's day worse when they have a cold. I've been sneezing myself and having an awful running nose.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
10/29- Mungi's appetite is definitely back full force and then some...the past few days he has been eating more like a juvi dragon devouring both his salads and live prey like it is going out of style!! Today's weigh-in sets him solidly at 375 grams even after a poop that would have made a Great Dane shudder and go weak in the knees:eek:LOL

Wednesday will be a fun day...have found a local source near home with a massive colony and we are finally going to pick up our starter colony of Dubia Roaches (1000 mixed including 60 adult females and 25 adult males)..the tubs are all set up and the temps are right and stabilized so as soon as we load them in things should be right for an all out roach love fest...lol...also picking up another batch to begin feeding out of while the main colony establishes. Mungi as well as our other insect eaters will all have their first taste of Dubias then too and we will hopefully be saying bye-bye to the crickets for the most part:)

Also since we had to minimalize Mungi's enclosure during his illness for ease during the daily cleanings, Yesterday as a treat for him I replaced his old hammock which seemed to be a hit initially as he came straight off his basking perch and crawled up in it. I don't think he is still really that attached to it however because he only sits in it for short periods and seems to prefer stretching out on his lower but still raised slate that was his eating platform and generally being active all day. I had figured that he might sleep in the hammock at night but not the case as he appears to go for variety and has been choosing a different location each night to bed down. He has also missed his sand substrate which was another thing we had to remove during his illness but seems to be okay without it and since we are making the change to feeding Dubias have not decided whether we will replace the sand or not. That will depend on whether the Dubias can get out of the large deep-side dish we are going to try for feeding them out of. The sides are slick so my hope is that they wont which would keep them from burrowing down in the sand. If it doesn't work though I have new granite tiles we will use for his flooring:)

Thank you all once again for all of the thoughts and prayers!! If all continues to improve we are hoping that Mungi's Live Streaming Cam will be back on in the next week to 10 days! Stay tuned because the BDF Community will be the very first to get the news when Mungi goes LIVE again:)

ENJOY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts