• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mungi's Live Video Stream Down Til Further Notice- BIG NEWS Updated 11/7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
0001.gif
Get well, Mungi: From Allie and I.

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
I have not been on the forum for a couple weeks because of work. I am sooooo sorry that Mungi is ill. You take such amazing care of your beardie I know you are doing everything you can. I will be praying for Mungi and you.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Want to thank everyone for all the well wishes and prayers for Mungi...they are all appreciated and have certainly helped:)

I am happy at this time to announce that Mungi is showing a lot of good progress and so far is gaining back weight quickly which is a real good sign as is his having a lot more energy and being active again almost all day. Mungi is currently back up to 348 grams:)
He has finished with the meds and we have been concentrating on getting him back on food on his own which may be a long haul but he is showing some interest. I'm going to give that credit to the Soy Yogurt that we started mixing into his mash a few days ago as it was almost an immediate turn around after his 1st 0.5 mil dose. It's an alternative way that we found to re-introduce the good bacteria into his system that was wiped out by the meds. This stuff can be found in most grocery stores and as long as it is made from soy instead of milk is safe we have been told. No adverse reactions have been seen:) Interestingly and for all of yall "beardie poop" afficianatos..lol..his poop went from nasty slimy and just plain foul smelling to absolutely normal colour,firm and solid with no odor after two servings of the yogurt. That is a happiness..lol

Mungi was even feeling spunky enuf that earlier while I had him out sitting with me he took a 2+ foot leap from my chair to go say Hello to our 134lb German Sheperd, Roscoe. Roscoe was unimpressed by the feat and just looked at Mungi, huffed and went back to sleep:D

Thanks again Folks and we definitely would appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers and if all continues well he will be back on his LIVE Mungi Cam soon!!

Here are a couple of pics from today! Enjoy!

Mungi10172012_2600x542_zps760d4c56.jpg

Mungi10172012_1600x450_zps05cca804.jpg

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Prayers and thoughts for you both-that yogurt is a wonderful thing and so is probiotics My dog had that cod; thing as a pup and we gave her yogurt after her antibiotics and it works wonders. Mt birds are on probiotics 3-days a week just to keep them healthy.I don't know if reptiles can have it but it's just a idea. I will continue praying for MUNGI; Best to both of you Bella-aka-river

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks again,Folks for the continued thoughts and prayers for Mungi:) I know that each and every one makes him that much stronger! Just a quick update but for the past to days we have witnessed what we are hoping is a break-through with Mungi in that he has actually showed interest in his "salad" in the mornings and both days has gone straight over to his dish and rooted around in it and actually eaten a little...All on his own!! This is truly monumental in our minds because he hasn't done this on his own in months now so even-though at present he is just taking a few small pieces it is a start and we are hoping a sign of his appetite and will is returning.
Mungi is also showing signs of being much more active during the day and is up early and moving about his enclosure most of the day now. He still goes to sleep well before his lights do (usually he starts going to sleep around 5 pm) but I am sure it has much to do with the light schedule he sees outside the french doors across the room from his enclosure despite his lamps.
We are still continuing with the Whole Soy Yogurt. He is currently getting a 1ml syringe of it about 30 minutes before his lights go out (he loves it and no need to force cause he will lick it right off the syinge) and we are keeping his enclosure temp at between 80-82 degrees at nite with his CHE. Keeping his enclosure temps up a bit while he sleeps encourages the good bacteria in the yogurt to flourish in his digestive tract and I believe that his returning appetite is a sign that the yogurt is doing it's job as a probiotic.
It's still one day at a time and may still be a long road for Mungi to get back to full strength but we will keep you all updated and we will be with him every step of the way as you all I am sure will be..That is a fact! :)
Enjoy!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great news! I love hearing good news over bad news. Keep it up! :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
10/22-another step in the positive for Mungi....This morning he jumped right on his greens..still not eating a tremendous amount but that's okay..every bit is a much welcome relief!
The real excitement happened a little later at about 11am when I saw him roaming around his enclosure like he was hunting...like looking in every nook and granny extra close...just on a whim I grabbed up some large crickets and dropped them into his enclosure and Mungi went crazy chasing them around and gobbling them down until every last one was gone!
That's probably the greatest thing I have seen in the last couple of months because I could not tell you the last time he actually even showed real interest in live prey let alone hunted them down excitedly!!:)
He ate eighteen very large crickets! Would have probably eaten more if I would have offered more but I figure it's best to not let him gorge himself too soon. Besides if I leave him slightly wanting more then he will be excited at the next live feeding. That's my thinking at least and we shall see:)
Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers! I have no doubt that they have made and are continuing to make a huge difference in his recovery!
Enjoy your Day in the morrow!!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is GREAT news! I'm glad I came and read this thread after all the excellent advice you gave me earlier. It's nice to know Mungi is getting better!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
10/22-another step in the positive for Mungi....This morning he jumped right on his greens..still not eating a tremendous amount but that's okay..every bit is a much welcome relief!
The real excitement happened a little later at about 11am when I saw him roaming around his enclosure like he was hunting...like looking in every nook and granny extra close...just on a whim I grabbed up some large crickets and dropped them into his enclosure and Mungi went crazy chasing them around and gobbling them down until every last one was gone!
That's probably the greatest thing I have seen in the last couple of months because I could not tell you the last time he actually even showed real interest in live prey let alone hunted them down excitedly!!:)
He ate eighteen very large crickets! Would have probably eaten more if I would have offered more but I figure it's best to not let him gorge himself too soon. Besides if I leave him slightly wanting more then he will be excited at the next live feeding. That's my thinking at least and we shall see:)
Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers! I have no doubt that they have made and are continuing to make a huge difference in his recovery!
Enjoy your Day in the morrow!!
HAPPY DANCE!!!
dance_baby_dance.gif

AND A DOUBLE THUMBS UP!!!
smiley_with_thumbs_up.gif
GO, MUNGI, GO!!!
Wonderful News, Brett.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts