• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Oscar

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is a 5 yrs old and the girl owned him for 3 yrs. She is going away to camp for 3 months and she is now 13 and feels that he is not getting attention so felt it best to find him a good home. She had a couple of people come look at him but told them no because she did not feel he would be going to a good home. I am going to get rid of the sand and I need to get some prob temps. They put red sand in there to tint him red. Other than the sand thing he has been very well cared for. I still don't know what color he is b/c he is starting to shed and stained from 3 years of red sand, he does have bright orange around his eyes. I will get some more pics of him later but here is one to start.

100_0973.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWWWW!!! I'm glad you gave him a good home!! Can't wait to see the "AFTER" pics once he has settled in!!! : )

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He looks very different than the photos I saw prior to going to look at him, but I still like him and can't wait to see him all cleaned up.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a great story. It is awesome that the 13 year old who owned him made the right decision and found him a nice home. It is even more incredible that she declined some potential owners!

I'm sure Oscar will feel right at home in no time. Congrats on the new addition.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
staylor said:
. I am going to get rid of the sand and I need to get some prob temps. They put red sand in there to tint him red. Other than the sand thing he has been very well cared for. I still don't know what color he is b/c he is starting to shed and stained from 3 years of red sand, he does have bright orange around his eyes. I will get some more pics of him later but here is one to start.

Congrats on the new dragon he looks healthy enough. I understand they were trying to stain him red (bad move) but did they add the sugar in as well to make him sweeter?

Congrats again.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here are some pics of him in the bath...failed attempt to get the red off. Once he gets used to me that sand (white and red) are out of there. I HATE it. Here are a couple of pics that show his pretty color under all that red stain where he has shed a little. He ate some crix after his bath so he should be feeling at home in no time.

100_0988.jpg

so pretty under the red

100_0979.jpg

beautiful markings on his belly

100_0978.jpg

Bright orange eye liner

100_0976.jpg

nice pattern kind of hard to see in the pic

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You are so right about him being pretty!!! Such a cute face!!! I sure do hate to see all that red on him too!! Wonder who gave them that idea? Oh well....Just a matter of time and that will be gone and we'll be able to see how pretty he really is!! Can't wait!! : ) I'm so glad he ate.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
great lookin little fella you got there, im glad he's gone to you and we all know youll do your best with him.
fancy usin red sand to stain him, how would they like to get stained against their will :-[

paul

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I saw part of his belly greying out for a shed... Perhaps you won't have to wait all that long after all ?
Time will tell... Congratulations again, Sandra !
Janie
Now when are you bringing him up to visit me and mine ? ;) hint hint hint... lol

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Honestly, he's already looking better than the "before" pic. He looked all stressed, then. Now, he's lookin' a bit happier. I think he likes the attention.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
I think I saw part of his belly greying out for a shed... Perhaps you won't have to wait all that long after all ?
Time will tell... Congratulations again, Sandra !
Janie
Now when are you bringing him up to visit me and mine ? ;) hint hint hint... lol

You did see some shedding going on...he is just starting a shed and has lost some patches around his face, legs and the one spot on his belly.

Craiger said:
Honestly, he's already looking better than the "before" pic. He looked all stressed, then. Now, he's lookin' a bit happier. I think he likes the attention.

He does like the attention. The girl who owned him prior to me handled him A LOT. She even took him to school to show her class and tell them about him and even had photos made with him.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was actually thinking that he looked better too Craiger. Was running errands and was having happy thoughts about that one photo where you could see the orange around his eyes and then remembered that first photo where he looked a little scared and disoriented!!! He is much happier. So glad his previous owner realized she did not have the time to care for him like he needed and gave him to you!!! : )

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He was also cold in his first picture. It was an hour drive home and once I was able to get him back in his tank I realized that his basking light did not survive the drive home and my hubby had to run out and get him a new one. I completely forgot that I had some red lights put away from the guy who I got Slyder from. I kept them for this reason, if the light burned out they could still have heat until I got to the store to pick up another one. I put him in a nice warm bath to get his body temp up and about that time the new bulb got here. Once I got his body temp back up he perked up.

He is still black bearding me when I pick him up and puffs when I get near his viv but I am sure he will get better soon.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
He is still black bearding me when I pick him up and puffs when I get near his viv but I am sure he will get better soon.

I'm sure he's just not used to you, yet. Wait 'til he realizes you're the one that keeps bringing him the awesome food!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: Meet Oscar with his new floor

I picked up some tile today and was able to get Oscars in. The paper towel was not working out for Oscar, he was having a hard time hunting. He seemed to catch more paper towel then food. However, Slyders tile did not work out. I have to get something different, hope tomorrow. Anyway here is Oscars finished home for a while. I am sure there will be something I am going to change but for right now he is set up and happy. He was eager to test his new floor and seems to like it. Oh and in the first photo you can see his nails pretty good, Do they need to be trimmed or are they ok?
100_1138.jpg

100_1131.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWW!!! Look how happy Oscar is!!! So lucky to have you as his Mommy!!! :D

Latest posts