• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Eliza.

So...whaddaya think?

• Eliza is awesome

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Eliza is awesome

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Eliza is awesome

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As much as you can until you get a UVB bulb, be sure that it does not get too hot for her & that she has a shaded area to retreat to if she needs too.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you a thermometer that you can check her Basking Spot temps with? If those are your feeding bowls under the light, they should be on the cool side?

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Have you a thermometer that you can check her Basking Spot temps with? If those are your feeding bowls under the light, they should be on the cool side?
:) I just moved the light over to the basking/climbing spot. I don't have a thermometer, but I can get one. :D It seems I still have more to learn lol. :D

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awww lol Eliza's looking at the glass of her enclosure, and she sees her reflection, thinkin its another beardie. :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent news on getting to town soon! Lol...am a country boy too...well actually a swamp boy so I know how it is living out away from town;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just checked in on Mungi a few minutes ago, he's on his feeding platform. Chillin', probably tired from excavation. lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Mark, is there any way you can earn some $ to get some supplies to help out your baby girl? Chores that can be done around the house that your parents will pay you for, or neighbors? Some things are necessary for the health of your BD, and a UVB light is one of them. I know your hands are pretty tied since you don't control the funds in your household, but is there anything you can do?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Mark...lol..yessir Mungi has been.hard at work;) I hope you didnt take.what I.said earlier in the wrong light...I only meant it in trying to.help...There are a lot of.folks.that jump.into the reptile world and dont do.enough research...and I have heard many times before folks saying that they cant afford to provide exactly what the creature they are taking one.needs...most of the time they dont realize that providing the right stuff and providing the wrong stuff costs are about equal...the big difference in the two is a matter of the creatures health and well-being.
You have to understand too that in.our house the reptiles and other creatures we have eat BEFORE Kat and I do....lol...and yes there have been times when we.have gone.without but our critters never have....so I tend to look at things a bit different on the issue;)
I know that you want to do the very best you can to provide Eliza with the best you can give her...and she knows that too and I commend you on the simple strides you have made today that I.have seen thru this thread. Well done,Sir!

I.would.2nd the ideas that Aleena suggested in checking into some extra chores or.stuff you could.do around home to earn.a lil extra cash to get the things that Eliza needs. At 14 years old there should be a whole.list of things you could come up...lol...when.I.was your age I had already learned the value of moola and was constantly lookin for.ways to have my own. Its a win win thing...the extra work you do will bring you the joy of having a.lil.jingle.in your pocket and knowing that your Eliza wants or needs for nothing because you are taking care of.business to ensure that;) No better feelin in the world than to be able to take care of those you love..that is a fact;)

The lighting that she needs will be the expensive part but I saw that Germ has already given you some.fine advice on what to.do until you can afford the proper bulbs...those by the way you CAN find much cheaper on the Net as opposed to buyin retail at the.local pet shop.

And as I stated earlier this very forum is the place you can find all of the answers you need to get Eliza fixed up like the Queen she is;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Buddha: I definitely share your sentiment on the reptiles eating before the adults. I do the same things with my kids, I'd much rather go without then have them go without, I'm a big girl, I can handle a day or two with little to nothing but growing kids and animals never should.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Mark I have an 11 year old and I load him and the mower up and drop him off in a small neighborhood and he calls to check in after every yard and when he's done he calls and I go pick him up. In one day he made $80 in less than two hours because he wanted to buy another snake. If you have a mower I would suggest doing that. That way your not taking money from your family.

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry I haven't posted in 6 days or so, I've been quite busy but I've been giving Eliza lots of baths and good eats. :) I am going to take her outside tomorrow. :)

Also, I'm going to ask my grandma and grandpa if I could do some chores to get some money to buy Eliza that UV bulb. :)

Mungi's World

Hatchling Dragon
Very AWESOME to hear Miss Eliza is doin good and I.am.sure she is.enjoyin them baths too..I know I like.my bathtime! AND VERY COOL..or maybe I.should say VERY HOT that you are gonna let her get some outside time...Nothing us beardies love more than some good ol real sunshine!!;) beardie grin
Yall both enjoy!

Sent via my HTC Rezound; Ineffabilis Deus, S-OFF using Tapatalk2

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
:D Great news folks! Eliza's starting to put on some weight, as she was sorta on the skinny side. I wonder what she wants for dinner today? :) :)

And it's Eliza's bath time in about 2 minutes!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
:D Great news folks! Eliza's starting to put on some weight, as she was sorta on the skinny side. I wonder what she wants for dinner today? :) :)

And it's Eliza's bath time in about 2 minutes!
Very awesome! You'll have to post new pics within the next couple weeks so we can see the difference.

Latest posts