• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Eliza.

So...whaddaya think?

• Eliza is awesome

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Eliza is awesome

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Eliza is awesome

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hiya, I'm Mark, and I wanted to show you my beardie, Eliza. :)

2vvotqg.png

Eliza is about 7 years old, and she's been a good friend for many years. :D

Eliza sends her greetings to you all!

Mungi's World

Hatchling Dragon
HI TO MISS ELIZA! ....mmmm..pretty lady indeed! ;)beardie wink....I do a lot of that chillin just like you..uhhh...but only after my important excavation work is done for the day...lol! Enjoy your evenin for sure and tell your Mr Mark he should take more pics of you...even with that pixilation thing I can tell the camera likes you...just like it like me too! hehehe..Buddha says I a ham for the lens! hehehe beardie snicker...Nite!
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome, Mark! Eliza is a pretty dragon, if a bit on the thin side. Guess she's probably earned that with her age though :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Eliza,

Those yellow particles wouldn't happen to be dried up eggs in the lower right hand corner, would they? The substrate looks to be quite dirty with the same debris in it as the last pic :confused:.

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
spvtqp.png

Ms. Eliza's bath time! Sorry for bad quality, but she's still taking her bath now! lol, in real life it's a lot easier to see her lol. :D :D

More to come of course!

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Eliza,

Those yellow particles wouldn't happen to be dried up eggs in the lower right hand corner, would they? The substrate looks to be quite dirty with the same debris in it as the last pic :confused:.

Hi Germ, Eliza says hello! :D

Yes, those are unfertilized eggs. Now that you mention it, I'm going to go and remove them.

Also, in case anyone's confused, Eliza is my bearded dragon, and I'm Mark. :D

Thanks for your comment! :D

Mungi's World

Hatchling Dragon
Bathtime is Awesome Time! I got mine early this morning...lol..wasnt watchin my step when I got off my baskin platform and forgot I had made a...uhhhh.."deposit" earlier...hahaha (big beardie belly laugh) That was a rude awakenin for me and one for Buddha too when he got up..hahaha!
Enjoy your bath Miss Eliza!

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Bathtime is Awesome Time! I got mine early this morning...lol..wasnt watchin my step when I got off my baskin platform and forgot I had made a...uhhhh.."deposit" earlier...hahaha (big beardie belly laugh) That was a rude awakenin for me and one for Buddha too when he got up..hahaha!
Enjoy your bath Miss Eliza!

lol! Anyone know how long bathtime should go for? :D Eliza is enjoying it, so I'm gonna give her plenty of time.

Mungi's World

Hatchling Dragon
Buddha and Kat usually let me.soak for.about 10-15 minutes a couple of times a week...they also give me a good spritz with a spray bottle once a day and Im good to go! And they always let me dry off totally before the let me go back into my house...otherwise I get sand.between my toes..lol...dont like wet sand between the toes...it hampers my diggin;)

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, Eliza's been bathin' about 15-20 minutes, so I'll dry her off and send her back to her home! :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No confusion, Eliza said Hi in the picture, I said hi back ;) .

Even with the laying of unfertilized eggs, the laying effort is the same & the husbandry should be the same as with fertilized. A suitable area should be provided for her to lay in. A BD will hold on to her eggs until she finds a suitable area to dig a hole so she can deposit & bury them. She will only lay on top in the enclosure out of desperation because she absolutely cannot hold them any longer. This is very hard & unhealthy for her. The fact that they are still in the enclosure, along with the rest of the filth in the substrate is one of the worst examples of poor husbandry I have ever seen.

Check out the sections on laying, please

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Please, change that substrate as soon as possible, sanitize the enclosure & please be more vigilant in clean up for Eliza's continued health & wellbeing.

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi again Germ!

Great news! I asked my dad if he could get some vermiticulite, we'll get Eliza a nice place to lay her eggs, even though they are unfertilized. I read all the things that Robin wrote about Beardies, and I've learned a lot! Thanks for your help!!

Mark and Eliza :D

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi nice to meet you!
Her enclosure doesn't seem very......suitable?
And she looks extremely skinny..
What kind of substrate are you using? And what are you feeding her?

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi nice to meet you!
Her enclosure doesn't seem very......suitable?
And she looks extremely skinny..
What kind of substrate are you using? And what are you feeding her?
Hi Daeyang,

:0 Well, I'm using regular sand. I usually feed her every day, sometimes every other day, but I heard that you're supposed to feed every single day, but I wasn't sure. Anyways, she likes to eat bananas, chicken breast (bite size pieces tho), parsley, apples, and some reptile pellets with calcium I have for her. D'you think I should do the twice-daily feeding, she is a bit skinny, and I've been worried. :/

Eliza appreciates everyone's help, comments, and concerns! :D Thank you all !

Mark W

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh, and those odd small brown things you see in the substrate are some of the reptile pellets she scatters around. lol

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Daeyang,

:0 Well, I'm using regular sand. I usually feed her every day, sometimes every other day, but I heard that you're supposed to feed every single day, but I wasn't sure. Anyways, she likes to eat bananas, chicken breast (bite size pieces tho), parsley, apples, and some reptile pellets with calcium I have for her. D'you think I should do the twice-daily feeding, she is a bit skinny, and I've been worried. :/

Eliza appreciates everyone's help, comments, and concerns! :D Thank you all !
Alright. This is my opinion:
Don't feed chicken, I've heard thats not very good for them. Try getting waxworms, and feeding her a few, they have a bit more fat on them and she'll gain weight.
Also, you should take her off the sand because it's dangerous and can lead to impaction. Try newspaper or paper towels.
:)