• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just moved my beardie to his 40 gal

Jaker89

Hatchling Dragon
I'm confused as to why people say don't have a water dish in the tank. I have a 75 gallon tank and my beardie drinks from her water daily.

I have 3 dishes for food veggies, pellets/freeze dried meal worms mixed, and Phoenix worms daily. And a decent sized water dish as mine loves water.

Edit: I understand they are a desert reptile, but I even let mine swim in the bathtub from time to time.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Although there is the odd BD that will, most BDs will not recognize standing water & won't drink from a bowl, as this is usually the case, we don't provide water bowls if they are not being used, as the frequently can make a mess wetting things, can harbor bacteria. Again, if they are not being used they only serve to raise the humidity, which most keepers are trying to lower.

Regular baths are a part of 'Good Husbandry' & serve to hydrate, release sheds, keep them clean inside & out ;) .

Latest posts