• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this the best enclosure I can give

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello I just wanted to get input if there is anything else that I can improve to give frank an aw life.
here are the stats

baskign spot 105-110

warm side 90-100

cool side 80-90

100 wat basking bulb.

10.0 T5 uvb with hole in screen to allow maximum UVB

two hides

water dish

sticks for enrichmen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello I just wanted to get input if there is anything else that I can improve to give frank an aw life.
here are the stats

baskign spot 105-110

warm side 90-100

cool side 80-90

100 wat basking bulb.

10.0 T5 uvb with hole in screen to allow maximum UVB

two hides

water dish

sticks for enrichmen.
The only thing I can suggest is a bigger tank when he gets older -- and wider basking decor as well - the stick in there now is ok as he is small but I am thinking hes gonna need wider pieces to bask on -- and the sand mat is probably not real good now as hes little and is probably pecking at those rock pieces and you really dont want him eating those

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok I am going to get a zen habitat 4x2x2 enclosure. Also the sand mat right Poe’s a problem but I check it regu to make sure. And he did swalow a pice and would not eat for 2 days. So I think by now he know it’s not from. Thank for the advice

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I am going to get a zen habitat 4x2x2 enclosure. Also the sand mat right Poe’s a problem but I check it regu to make sure. And he did swalow a pice and would not eat for 2 days. So I think by now he know it’s not from. Thank for the advice
That not pooping for 2 days could be a red flag- I would pull it and put in some textured NON adhesive shelf liner- you don't want him impacted- even paper towels would be better than the mat- they really don't learn not to eat stuff- how long before your getting the Zen? He can be in that tank now for awhile- it looks like a 40?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with sadie, the sand matt needs to go, other than that you’re doing a good job, if u wanna put it back in 3 months from now he should be big enough if he accidentally ate a rock, babies need close to sterile conditions, get some tile, its way easier to clean (just scrap,wipe n ur good) that sand matt will hold germs and they’re impossible to clean (if water gets on them they get ruined) (he’ll eat the rocks if hes not getting enough calcium aswell) its just a risk you dont want to take

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I agree with sadie, the sand matt needs to go, other than that you’re doing a good job, if u wanna put it back in 3 months from now he should be big enough if he accidentally ate a rock, babies need close to sterile conditions, get some tile, its way easier to clean (just scrap,wipe n ur good) that sand matt will hold germs and they’re impossible to clean (if water gets on them they get ruined) (he’ll eat the rocks if hes not getting enough calcium aswell) its just a risk you dont want to take
Ok I will order some reptiles carpet. I have to do a full clean anyway so I might as well

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I will order some reptiles carpet. I have to do a full clean anyway so I might as well
Id hate to poke holes in thst idea as well......sorry, babies nails can get caught in them, you dont want him to lose a toe, a non adhesive self liner can do better if you dont have tile

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That not pooping for 2 days could be a red flag- I would pull it and put in some textured NON adhesive shelf liner- you don't want him impacted- even paper towels would be better than the mat- they really don't learn not to eat stuff- how long before your getting the Zen? He can be in that tank now for awhile- it looks like a 40?
I’m getting zen in December he is about 2 and a half months old and i got him in December 18th. And because it will be a great Christmas present and I won’t have to pay lol.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I dont know lol,.. im terrible with priceing...if thats not ur style, you can get a bunch of paper bags next time your at the grocery store and cut them up and into squares and layer them (thats what i did for the first 6 months of my beardies life)

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I dont know lol,.. im terrible with priceing...if thats not ur style, you can get a bunch of paper bags next time your at the grocery store and cut them up and into squares and layer them (thats what i did for the first 6 months of my beardies life)
I could but I want somthing that lookes nice

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Speaking of substrate.. where do i buy some nice tile for my beardie. Im using reptile carpet and its been fine but i will need to replace it soon

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I understand you want something more naturalistic, its just not practical for a baby starting out, unless the babies we’re reard in a bioactive setup , they may eat their substrate to get minerals out of it. You can try a high grit sand paper (300-500) that will give you the natural look and the sand wont come off

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Tile ud want to go to any big name hardware store, lowes, Home Depot, ace hardware, maybe even walmarts garden section? (Get some 2inch pavers) , u want something with texture so ges not sliding around.

Latest posts