• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love my TEDDY

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jeese every time I try to put a stuffed something in with mine, they poo on them... so off to the wash, and back onto the shelf !

;D P did that with her blankie at first, just kept on washing and putting it back, she eventually made peace with it.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll give it a go with something less aged.. These toys were Mine as a child... I'll just have to get them new ones.. maybe that is the trick.. hmmmmm

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe . . .

I got her a BIG green frog, that I now use under her basking platform to keep her from goimg into the corner, its FREEZING down there, so now she sometimes lies with her head on its foot.

But the tiny one on top, shes all over it. Maybe its got something to do with the size . . . thinks she can dominate it LOL

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is it safe to leave teddy bears in the tank all day and night????

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it safe to leave teddy bears in the tank all day and night?Huh

Well I cant see why not. As long as their nails cant get caught on any part of thebear, all the bears parts are secure and cant come off. And dont put it too close to the basking lamp in case it gets too hot.

My 2 teddies and a blankie are in P's enclosure 24/7. Nothing bad has happened so far.
Just maybe watch for the first few days...

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah, I have the same experience with Sykes and Zoom Zoom. They will be completely lost without their teddy's. It serves as basking spot, bridge,foothold, crashpad, etc

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Laura said:
Is it safe to leave teddy bears in the tank all day and night????

As long as the teddy bears are child safe. I have had them in Jada's tank for 1-3/4 years with no ill effects.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't leave anything like that in with mine...they poop on them the first chance they get. I tried to put a blanket in with them at bedtime and Piggy will sleep on hers if I put her on it and Oscar will move it then sleep next to it.

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i put a false plant in their tank a few weeks back and it lasted about 10 mins as all they wanted to do was chew it ::)
cost me £8 as well, the little tinkers. so if they chew a plant then they'll no doubt chew the teddy

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sykes does it as well whenever he has no leafy greens in his food bowl. Doesn't care for chopped veggies though. That is how I actually realised his preference for leafy greens. He started chewing his artificial plants too.

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ABRAXIS they are terrible aren't they? Does Sykes actually chew parts of the artificial plant off?? Does it harm them if they swallow it? I've taken theirs out as I'm not too sure about it anymore.

Latest posts