• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much baby food?

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
They are on the same side. The right side. A digital thermometer. And it wouldnt be too stressful after the vet visit?

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
uvb and heat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348939775.124177.jpg

Other light (just a 5000k cfl)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348939831.757393.jpg

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
I would turn off the light on the left side, and see what happens.

Not to beat a dead horse, I'm also worried about the diagnosis with just weighing him, no blood test or stool/urate sample. I'm also not a big fan of force feeding, you can easily hurt the lizard. So make sure you have someone to help you do this.

Just MHO, I'm new to BDs. I do hope and pray for a speedy recovery.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
I would turn off the light on the left side, and see what happens.

Not to beat a dead horse, I'm also worried about the diagnosis with just weighing him, no blood test or stool/urate sample. I'm also not a big fan of force feeding, you can easily hurt the lizard. So make sure you have someone to help you do this.

Just MHO, I'm new to BDs. I do hope and pray for a speedy recovery.
Why would you turn off the lights on the left side?

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Why would you turn off the lights on the left side?

Since you are going to be force feeding, it will stress the dragon. I think that turning that light off will make that side cooler and a little darker, that 'might' probably make it easier for him to go and rest on that side.

It was just an after-thought.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
So i put in a salad today and he ate it!!. Does that mean the antibiotics are helping? Today was the second treatment. Gonna see if he will eat some crickets or dubia roaches tomorrow. Will probably call and as the vet if i need to continue the antibiotics if he eats.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Your vet should have told you initially how many days you should give the antibiotics to your dragon. It is definitely a good sign that he has started eating on his own but it is just a beginning and you need to continue the full cycle of antibiotics as prescribed. If your vet didnt tellyou or you forgot then you definitely should call. Eating means they are getting better but not necessarily that they are totally well yet.
I hope that he continues to get better and stronger by the moment:)

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
Any tips for giving him shots? I didnt get all of it in him today, and i keep thinking im going to hurt him bc he moves so much. I have two stcratches from where he broke the skin.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
I would advise you get someone to help you. Maybe someone to hold him, without hurting the dragon, while you do the shot. Just pick up a piece of his skin and stick the needle neatly and halfway in the lifted skin, make sure you don't puncture any of his organs.

If you have a relative, a friend or a neighbor who is a nurse to help you, that would be great.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
Im havin a real problem with this whole needle thing. I didnt get it all in last time and this time i wasnt even able to do bc i accidentally made him bleed. So i called him and hes gonna gove me a couple extras bc he said it was important to get the 2 weeks in so they dont relapse.hes gonna show me how to do it again too. Hes such a great doctor. Its after hours and he still answered his emergency line.

Latest posts