• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much baby food?

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
So my bearded dragon wont eat. So i got chicken and chick broth, turkey and turkey broth, and squash baby food. He will be going to the vet friday hopefully, but until then how many teaspoons should be feed of each? Im using a syring.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcomeB4_zps02bda940.jpg

Syringe or force feeding should be an absolute last resort & can be quite dangerous if not administered properly.

How old is your BD?
How long have you had it?
What have you been trying to feed it?
What is the temp, directly at the Basking Spot?
What size enclosure is it in?
Are you providing UVB?
What type of Substrate?

There can be many reasons why a BD may not eat, answering these questions may provide us with some info, so that we may offer some suggestions. Pics of the setup showing the lighting, etc, would be very helpful.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
WelcomeB4_zps02bda940.jpg

Syringe or force feeding should be an absolute last resort & can be quite dangerous if not administered properly.

How old is your BD?
How long have you had it?
What have you been trying to feed it?
What is the temp, directly at the Basking Spot?
What size enclosure is it in?
Are you providing UVB?
What type of Substrate?

There can be many reasons why a BD may not eat, answering these questions may provide us with some info, so that we may offer some suggestions. Pics of the setup showing the lighting, etc, would be very helpful.
He will be a year old in october.

Ive had him since december.

Ive tried to feed crickets, dubia roaches, turnip greens, carrots, and squash.

107F

48x24x24 or something relatively close.

I have a reptisun uvb that i replaced in july.

I have tile as a substrate.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could very well be brumation. Is she staying in one place all the time, likely on the cool side? Has she lost a drastic noticeable amount of weight?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Different BDs Brumate in different ways. If it is not noticeably losing weight, then I would not be force feeding it.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
He does go on the cool side a lot but he always sleeps in his cave on the warm aide and he will bask on a rock or branch from time to time.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
Hes skinnier than Normal but not a whole lot. His poop is really runny when he does poop which is maybe once a week.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he is pooping, he has to be eating something & not completely off of food for a month ... He is just about a year now, coming to where he won't need as much prey as when he was younger. So a reduction in appetite is a normal happening. Could you post a pic of his enclosure showing the lighting setup?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice enclosure. I would not be force feeding until it has been seen by the vet. Sorry that I can not be of more help. Short of Brumation, I see no reason why it wouldn't be eating for so long. Possibly some other members may be of assistance. Have you tried Cut Green Beans, I have found that they will often respark a BDs interest in greens. Worth a try.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It would be a good plan to take in a recent stool sample to your vet appointment if possible, so they can do a Fecal Float to check for worms & other possible Parasites. This is something that the Vet should want to do anyway. If it poops Friday or Saturday, place the stool, disturbing it as little as possible, into a small clean plastic container, then seal it, so you can present it to the vet.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you can't, you can't ;). But if you can, I would scoop it into a smaller hard clean plastic container. Small plastic margarine container, chip dip, tupperware or something similar.

Are you periodically misting & giving it warm soaks. Runny poops can lead to dehydration. Could you possibly post a good clear pic of your Dragon, a body shot & a good one of the top of the head.

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
I mist daily but i dont so baths all that often. Another thing is he hasnt shed in a while. Ill go take some pics now

Blaze1996

Hatchling Dragon
I got one of his nose but hes in his man cave. Ill either take one tomorrow when i clean out the cage or when he comes out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348701569.120259.jpg
heres one a couple days ago when i gave him a bath
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348701593.984684.jpg
hes a purebred silkback by the way.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't really see anything in those pics & the one in the tub, he is likely inflated. If not he sure doesn't look like he is hurting for nourishment ;).

Latest posts