• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone!

fresnowitte

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
First let me say,"thank-you all for the welcome!"
And.........
Hello to all my friends!

Secondly let me apologize for not replying I didn't realize that I hadn't turned on my topic notifications. ::)

missb said:
awesome.. those are some pretty dragons! They two headed one is strange in a addicting way....... Very cool. Can you give us more info on any special care you give them?

Hmmm....where to start? I'll start with when they first hatched. When the boys hatched they were immediately placed in their own enclosure not with the rest of the clutch. They were very top heavy an it was apparently they needed to gain some strength if they were going to have any chance at all. They were started off with baby food as as the main part of their diet. Being they were so small feeding was a challenge because as soon as I'd bring my HUGE hand near them it was like they would play possum. So for the first week or so I feed them from a spaghetti strain. Until they became more comfortable and realized I was not out to hurt them.

I also realized that stress would without doubt be an issue with them. So rather than having them stress over catching their own bugs I choose to hand feed them to alleviate some of that stress. What I mean is if I allowed them to chase their own bugs this would possibly create a dominate head which I've worked very hard with them to keep this at a minimal. Vets are amazed because even to now there really isn't one head that is more dominate than the other. They do however eat their salad without my assistance.

Also being they are top heavy they can easily topple over so furnishings are not like for a normal beardie. They have a raised section that is their basking spot that they approach much like a slight ramp. Hides don't work for them nor do other normal furnishings as they will get caught up on things as on head may want to go one way the the other head another.

They do not fight but do have many disagreements which will cause stress so I do interveen often. If they are taken for a ride this calms them down because now instead of paying attention to one another they have lots of other things that are interesting to look at.

Bathing is different as with 2 heads you must worry that one may drown the other. Because like their daddy they like to dive under the water. Scary with 2 heads.

My dear friend Dr. Daniel Wentz suggested the first year that I try to keep them from brumating as 2 males coming out of brumation and being stuck together could create a real problem or their end...but they brumated regardless of my attemps and came out of it just fine. As a matter of fact they have recently woke from their 2nd brumation.

Most think they are not as active as a normal beardie but I'm hear to tell you that is not true. They do have struggles when one wants to go one way and one another like some of you seen on the Mutants 2 episode. But when both are thinking the same thing watch out. They are like a double core so when they both think about doing they same thing they are actually much faster than a normal beardie.

SvviFt Iz BacK said:
What does the guy with 2 heads got going on?

If you elaborate a little I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. ;)
Do you mean internally?

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awwwww Barbara you are such a Great slave and did and are doing wonders with the boys! Keep up the Great work! ;)

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They are all beautiful :) Zak and Wheezie are really striking. Double heads of course means double guilt trips when they don't get what they want, I assume? Mine has only one head but he sure knows how to work it :D

fresnowitte

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
lexi said:
Double heads of course means double guilt trips when they don't get what they want, I assume?

Thanks Lexi an yes, you are so very correct double guilt trips ;D, but they being even more dependant on me than the normal ones...tend to really have the guilt trip down even better.

Thanks Lance they definitely have me whooped. ;)

Latest posts