• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Helping underweight beardie gain?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can also get LOTS of goodies like supplements of all sort from beardeddragon.co Their prices are great and cheap
I use the following supplements (mind you not at the same time lol)
probiotic powder, calcium with D3, calcium without D3, dandelion powder, alfalfa powder, bee pollen, a multi vit, and I just picked up a superfood from repashy that has tons of goodies and plants in it..

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
don't they need some kind of meat at some point? as I know meat is bad for beardies..

I really don't know. I don't breed them, so I haven't really read on that part too much. I do know that they thrive in compost- which is manure, "kitchen scraps", leftovers, coffee grounds, anything organic that can decay. Don't quote me on that, as I haven't read too much into it, but I have heard they really don't need fed if you buy them from a breeder, but I've heard it's good to put some greens in with them, the same greens you'd feed your dragon.

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a place for a compost bin behind my house so no worries about the smell. =)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you are growing a colony as a feeder source, you want to use a contained environment - bio-pods, tubs, etc. Simply housing them outside in the backyard runs the risk on colony contamination, other predators, insecticides, weather conditions, colony members escaping, etc.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
*** CORRECTION ***

I apologize, I said that I get my BSFL f on JFK Dragons - I'm sorry but that's where I order my Dubias...

I get my BSFL's from SYMTON Black Soldier Fly Solutions. (Www.symtonbsf.com)

They are actually a research team at Texas A&M University, studying BSFL's rearing methods, efficiency as a composting agent, and performance as a feeder insect.

I get mine at the same place. Great company. And the fact that they raise them in a controlled environment is a bigger plus in my book. Plus they send 200 extra. So you order 1000 and get 1200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I get mine at the same place. Great company. And the fact that they raise them in a controlled environment is a bigger plus in my book. Plus they send 200 extra. So you order 1000 and get 1200

I know that's where you get them from. After you got them and loved them, you gave the link to mxw0rld so we could get some... [emoji854]

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I know that's where you get them from. After you got them and loved them, you gave the link to mxw0rld so we could get some... [emoji854]

Oh that's right lol. I knew you guys would be just as pleased as I was. You can't beat the price for such good quality

Latest posts