• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP - UVB Lighting

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Update: I bought ANOTHER fixture and lamp and what do you know… burnt out again within days. I’m close to crying out of frustration. I emailed Zoomed and hope to get a reply soon.
Have you moved? It sounds like wiring or shorts in your outlets,
If it just started happening, what if any thing have you changed environmentally?
Is any other light shorting, get a dome light you can buy the uvb lights they aren't as good but better than nothing till you figure this out, gl

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
If it just started happening, what if any thing have you changed environmentally?
Is any other light shorting, get a dome light you can buy the uvb lights they aren't as good but better than nothing till you figure this out, gl
Light that come with it or buy, and no

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Vibration will also make fluorescent lights blow, is there something that could be making the lights unstable?

nye

Hatchling Dragon
Nothing has changed. His basking bulb hasnt blown out at all. I dont mist his tank so it cant be water damage. I have also tried running an extension cord from a different outlet to see if that would work but nope, same outcome

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Light that come with it or buy, and no
I use a dome type for his basking site my tank is lg and he needs extra bulbs around, so i just get them at pet value, they only have uvb I think not the uva but they are at least less expensive than the t5

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I use a dome type for his basking site my tank is lg and he needs extra bulbs around, so i just get them at pet value, they only have uvb I think not the uva but they are at least less expensive than the t5
I totally understand your frustration, my cat broke 6 lights in 6 months i started to think it was on purpose, now i fixed all that, but bulbs not cheap, and poor brardy

nye

Hatchling Dragon
ill use a mercury bulb in the meantime thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I did from a different Petsmart. I tried to order from Pangea reptile but the cost was a little high for me and it would take too long to arrive. he would be without uvb for 3-5 days :/. i dont know what else to do.
Sounds like the same bunch of uvbs PetSmart and Petco got

Latest posts