• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Please

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Idk i was ready this post earlier and she does fall under the category of dehydration too. Her fat pads used to be bigger and now there even with her head. They say that its cause them not to eat a lot but shes been peeing a lot
can you post a pic of her..

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
14964568107491004111125.jpg
149645690316690698.jpg

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is a pic from march showing shes always been fat

Attachments

• 20170210_120144_Burst01.jpg
    20170210_120144_Burst01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interesting yea her fat pads have gone down alot.. looking like she starting a beard shed? I would get a fecal done to check for parasites that may have her off..

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Interesting yea her fat pads have gone down alot.. looking like she starting a beard shed? I would get a fecal done to check for parasites that may have her off..
Yea she just shedded her feet last week. If she doesnt eat tomorrow im going to take her to the reptile shop i know those guys very well and get their opinion

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea she just shedded her feet last week. If she doesnt eat tomorrow im going to take her to the reptile shop i know those guys very well and get their opinion
good idea she does look a bit off

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it were me Id have fecal done and bloodwork to check her liver.. especially if she's always been chunky rule out fatty liver

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
She was never an explorer even when i first got her. She always spends hours under the basking light and she'll make a couple of trips to the food dish

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She was never an explorer even when i first got her. She always spends hours under the basking light and she'll make a couple of trips to the food dish
lol yea they can be slugs lol my Izzy is kinda a slug too but she loves going outside and she will wonder around and when I get her in the tub I make her do some swimming
worms as in supers?

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea i just got them the other day. Thats what I gave her when I first got her. And when i take her outside i keep her in my hand but her head just turns all over the place. Shes very alert still. If i walk by the cage her eyes follow me. And those pic where just taken. I woke her up with the light

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Change your UVB bulb. Compact bulbs, especially in a tank as big as yours is not going to penetrate deep enough or cover a wide enough area of the tank. Get a tube style fluorescent bulb, A T5 is good and either a Reptisun 10.0 HO bulb or an Arcadia 14% bulb. You want the UVB to cover at least 2/3'rds of the tank. She could be wanting to get out of her tank to get some UVB. You will see that having the proper lighting will perk her up and probably increase her appetite.

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
The guy at the reptile shop i go to told me that those werent that good because the dont penetrate deep enough thru screen top. And updatee
She ate 4 superworms today and pooped in her tank. She just walked around her tank like normal and went up to her basking spot

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The guy at the reptile shop i go to told me that those werent that good because the dont penetrate deep enough thru screen top. And updatee
She ate 4 superworms today and pooped in her tank. She just walked around her tank like normal and went up to her basking spot
T5's go thru the mesh to the bottom T8's don't go far down thru mesh
Glad she is perked up today

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes T5's penetrate the mesh more than the T8 size bulb. I have a solar meter and I check my lights all the time, 6 months in I am still getting great UVB coverage through a mesh screen.

Latest posts