• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Please

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im gonna lose my mind if I dont figured out what is going on. Ok so my bearded dragon is about 1 1/2 old. For the past 4 days, today being number 4 she has been glass dancing back and forth just full of energy. So day 1 i took her out and held her for a little bit and put her back in she was fine for the rest of the day never thought anything about it. Day 2 came i did the same thing. Day 3 was a all day event with her running around her cage back and forth. Today comes and she just settled down around 5pm and layed under her basking light.
I was doing research on what could be causing all that energy and i came across a number of things. A lot of people saying she maybe gravid. But she has not tryed to dig at all and shes never been with a male nor do i feel and infertile eggs like some people said i would. But i went to the reptile stire and bought some coconut fiber soil and built up the other end of her tank.
Tank Setup
75 gallon breeder
Sand mat substrate
26w exo terra uvb 150
150w Zoo med repti basking spot lamp
Basking temp 105
Hot side about 85-90
Cool side room temp about 76-80

I have crickets and supers to offer her and romaine
Recently i have only been giving her romaine because thats all she ate when i offered her a variety. But now she wont eat it but she will eat the supers i just bought.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Take a deep breath Your dragon is just being a dragon :) it is the season for breeding and many of our scaly friends are wanting out, wanting to explore and wanting to breed.. Glass surfing is a normal activity, some do it more than others. If you have a safe area that you can let her run around and get some of her energy out just be sure it's a safe area. She can become gravid even if she's never been with a male, they would just be infertile. Continue to offer her good greens even if she doesn't eat them, Romaine is not a good green as its mainly just water holds very little nutritional value.

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Take a deep breath Your dragon is just being a dragon :) it is the season for breeding and many of our scaly friends are wanting out, wanting to explore and wanting to breed.. Glass surfing is a normal activity, some do it more than others. If you have a safe area that you can let her run around and get some of her energy out just be sure it's a safe area. She can become gravid even if she's never been with a male, they would just be infertile. Continue to offer her good greens even if she doesn't eat them, Romaine is not a good green as its mainly just water holds very little nutritional value.
People on another forum say she may be gravid but she doesnt look any different then the other past weeks. Shes always been a big dragon

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so i gave her a bath a she did actually poop like normal only white stringy stuff came out

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so i gave her a bath a she did actually poop like normal only white stringy stuff came out
not sure what the stringy stuff would have been.. I would just keep an eye on her and see if it continues to be weird poop/urates and maybe if you can get a picture of it so we can see what your talking about. Just make sure all your husbandry is on point and see what happens..

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok she seems to not have any eggs in her. When i picmed her up 10 minutes ago i looked at her stomach amd she sucked her belly in and i saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just a fat beardie

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's possible that she ate some of the coconut fiber and it was just coated with urates??

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Coconut fiber was introduced yesterday and i did see her lick it. But i wouldnt assume impaction though. She doesnt show any signs of that. And as of today everything went back to normal. No stress marks or dark skin. Nothing really out of the ordinary other then little appetite but shes done this to me before. My mom is bringing different veggys and fruits home later and if she eats it. It will most likely be safe to say shes alright.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coconut fiber was introduced yesterday and i did see her lick it. But i wouldnt assume impaction though. She doesnt show any signs of that. And as of today everything went back to normal. No stress marks or dark skin. Nothing really out of the ordinary other then little appetite but shes done this to me before. My mom is bringing different veggys and fruits home later and if she eats it. It will most likely be safe to say shes alright.
wasn't thinking impaction really I was thinking the "stringy" stuff you said was in the urates..
Glad things have gone back to normal hope it stays that way

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nah i didnt mean stringy it was like gooey and not solid. She didnt eat the new veggys gonna try tomorrow when shes ready to eat. Shes got a little appetite these past 4 days. Still eating just not greens only worms. Gonna throw crickets in tomorrow to get her active and chase them

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nah i didnt mean stringy it was like gooey and not solid. She didnt eat the new veggys gonna try tomorrow when shes ready to eat. Shes got a little appetite these past 4 days. Still eating just not greens only worms. Gonna throw crickets in tomorrow to get her active and chase them
Just keep an eye on her and see how things go with her. Just keep offering her the greens, you can also get some bee pollen and put some on her greens (you can get this at most vitamin stores, walmart often has capsules too) it's an appetite stimulant and it is also sweet and they often love that.. Bee pollen is packed full of good stuff for them. If you haven't already take a look at the links below some of our comments and click on the general info one and take a look at the links we've given for food items, you may find some items on the lists that you can try that she may like.
Make sure you take the un eaten crickets out once done so they don't nibble on her while she sleeps.

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just keep an eye on her and see how things go with her. Just keep offering her the greens, you can also get some bee pollen and put some on her greens (you can get this at most vitamin stores, walmart often has capsules too) it's an appetite stimulant and it is also sweet and they often love that.. Bee pollen is packed full of good stuff for them. If you haven't already take a look at the links below some of our comments and click on the general info one and take a look at the links we've given for food items, you may find some items on the lists that you can try that she may like.
Make sure you take the un eaten crickets out once done so they don't nibble on her while she sleeps.
She only ate 2 supers today and i ave her another bath and she pooped so. I dnt think ything is wrong just not hungry

MikePhoneJunkie

Bearded Dragon Egg
She only ate 2 supers today and i ave her another bath and she pooped so. I dnt think ything is wrong just not hungry
I hope you figure it out for her. These are all the symptoms of a dragon going to lay eggs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
I hope you figure it out for her. These are all the symptoms of a dragon going to lay eggs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
She stopped doing all that now. Just not eating a lot and she has never tried to dig and people told me that when shes starting to do that then its that time. I was checking for eggs yesterday n her stomach and when i did that she sucked in her belly and you couldnt see and buldges or anything unusual

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She stopped doing all that now. Just not eating a lot and she has never tried to dig and people told me that when shes starting to do that then its that time. I was checking for eggs yesterday n her stomach and when i did that she sucked in her belly and you couldnt see and buldges or anything unusual
Where are you located? what is your weather doing? It is possible that she is wanting to do a bit of brumation... it can happen at any time during the year not just winter..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its been rainy. South FL perfect beardie weather nice and hot.
Well they can brumate whenever they want to.. it just typically happens in cooler weather but with you in FL maybe she is just deciding for herself?? lol

Flawwless

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well they can brumate whenever they want to.. it just typically happens in cooler weather but with you in FL maybe she is just deciding for herself?? lol
Idk i was ready this post earlier and she does fall under the category of dehydration too. Her fat pads used to be bigger and now there even with her head. They say that its cause them not to eat a lot but shes been peeing a lot

Latest posts