• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heat mat for dubia roaches??

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
We are looking for a heat mat for a Dubia roach colony bin. DO you guys have any suggestions? We just bought 20 females and 10 males. And they are on their way so we need one like right now lol. PLease help.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We are looking for a heat mat for a Dubia roach colony bin. DO you guys have any suggestions? We just bought 20 females and 10 males. And they are on their way so we need one like right now lol. PLease help.

This is what i have , depending on how cold your home is you might want it on the side vs. directly underneath it, you may need to cull some of the males right from the start 10 is alot, they dont fight but they are kinda territorial and will nip eachothers wings. I hope ur colony does well! :) , try not to take larger roaches from it if you can , but your beardie is a baby right? It should be okay to feed the nymphs (they should be popping up quite frequently) make shure you have veg in there along with whatever chow they provide.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thanks, and how would i make sure the plastic doesn't melt?
It shouldn’t melt unless you got the thinnest bin they sell , what kind to you have? , if your worried layer like 3-4 paper towels and that should be good :)

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
My pet store advised putting glass between the bin and the UTH but Idk if it will get hot enough through the glass then thorough the bin

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think glass would keep back the heat too.... the plastic bin u have are good quality, im useing basicly the same kind as you, i just have the homedepot brand bin,.. the second uth i linked is far better, i only use my uth in winter and i have mine on the side cause its quite warm here in Florida.

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
I like this. Cheap, temperature adjustable. No need to put any glass between this and the plastic because it's not always on full blast. I use it for my Lucihormetica verrucosa roach colony (not feeders). The only hitch is that it's not labelled on the dial how hot it makes your enclosure and nor can it be because it depends on the temperature in your house and the substrate in your enclosure so you'll have to experiment with it and etch a notch into the dial when you achieve a comfortable zone so you remember where it should be. Not too hard a task with a thermometer or temp gun. I use this:

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I keep my roaches on top of my viv and they breed fine even though the heat goes off at a night. I have a flat top viv so us ideal.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, so i have a CHE, do you think i could run that during the day over them and then at night they would be fine?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
haha Dubia's are way better for your dragon, dont smell, dont die as easily as crickets, and are less likely to give you dragon parasites then crickets

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I really want to get Dubais but my mom hates cricekts enough and hates Dubais even more. I have asked and there is now way. I don’t have a problem with them.

Latest posts