• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gulping

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I believe so :/ I wish she would behave and drink her water.
We are going out today to pick up a few hornworms to see if they will help any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hornworms are the best feeder for hydration, from what I've heard. I'm sure they'll help get her straightened out, and she'll enjoy the process, too :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She loves them. We may start giving her a couple every few days just to keep her well hydrated. They are pretty cheap at our local pet shop so that may be a way we can help her out. Plus we found a really cute bed for her tonight [emoji51]it's actually for a rabbit but it's the perfect size for her so we had to get it. So random I know haha but I'm pretty excited about it. Merry Christmas Spyra

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wish we could get hornworms around here. Our local pet store has mealies and supers but that's it.

Aww, I bet she'll love the bed :) that reminds me, I need to make beds for my three kiddos!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, get some hornworms, you can even feed one a day until she gets hydrated. I love hornworms but I always forget to recommend them for hydration. I use them all the time to give Dexter her calcium and B vitamins.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's what we are going to start doing. Patsy you also shared the idea a while back about dropping them into the salad dish. This helps us so much, thanks to their sticky feet she always gets a mouth full of collard greens :)

Hopefully all she needs is the extra hydration and she will have an easier time using the bathroom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think hydration is all she needed. She'll be pooping for you in no time :)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well guys today she used the bathroom with no help :) i couldn't be happier. Everything was well formed and her urate looked healthy. Seems the hornworms worked their magic. We will continue to feed 2-3 hornworms every couple of days. In the mean time I'm going to keep working with her and hopefully she will learn to lick water droplets when she is thirsty

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's fantastic news! I'm glad she finally pooped on her own :) and all it took were a few tasty treats.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Today has been a good day for all of the babies on this forum it seems :) vet visits seem to have went great for Ruth and Chance and Spyra gave me a mess to clean up lol. I love when all is good

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha yes, I never knew I'd be so happy to clean up poop [emoji23]

Latest posts