• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

General food/inventory question

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. He/She pooped 2x (hooray?). Dubia's tonight! Anyone have tips on best way to collect dubias quickly fro amongst the egg cartons?
W/ tongs / tweezers put several in the vitamin cup or calcium bowl both are plastic depending on whats betting dusted and feed one at a time to my dragons

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you. He/She pooped 2x (hooray?). Dubia's tonight! Anyone have tips on best way to collect dubias quickly fro amongst the egg cartons?
It’s not super fast but I have a container I kept from some bsfl I bought. I put the container in the bin, use long tongs to pick out the roaches I want, put the lid on before I remove container, no chance of spilling. Take the container to the enclosure and feed.

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
I saw a video, the girl used paper towel tube, scoop and dump, it worked pretty well.
But i cant get roaches here in Canada, so I'm no expert.

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pick up the carton and tap into a larger tupperware, then grab the ones you want. That seems to work best for me, especially when you have all sizes.

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Dragons have their certain taste for greens - most dragons I know eat collards over other - it is something you need to try w/the dragon --- broccoli tends to give upset stomachs and do not recommend
Mine is the opposite...he likes broccoli but won't ever touch collard greens. He'll eat cut up green beans though lol.

AdamF

Hatchling Dragon
It’s not super fast but I have a container I kept from some bsfl I bought. I put the container in the bin, use long tongs to pick out the roaches I want, put the lid on before I remove container, no chance of spilling. Take the container to the enclosure and feed.
Can I sprinkle portions of bugs ahead of time for someone else to feed if i am away?

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Picking up my 3 month old tomorrow. If I stick to mostly salad in the mornings, and protein in the evenings. Can someone post a guideline for how many bugs he/she will eat per day? I am picking up some breeding dubias, but should I keep super worms, bsfl available as well. All suggestions welcome
✅0

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bugs need to be fed 2-3 times per day use the bsfl as lures to the salad bowl use as many as you want then feed the main staple insect about 1 he later- dust the main insect w/ calcium d 3 ONCE per feeding 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week and ONCE per feeding- he's going to eat a lot like 20 or so - at a feeding-after he gets over his relocation stress

Latest posts