• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Baby Beardie..

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
What is the best worm to feed a 3/4 mo. old? I've heard some worms can drill through their stomach is that true? For now I have just been feeding him crickets.
They sell small meal worms at petsmart. You just have to ask for them to get them for you. I've read so many different things, sometimes I'm not sure what to believe. Some say meal worms aren't good for them, some swear by them and use them as a staple. I don't have access to a large variety of insects from my local pet stores, so I buy large crickets, keep them in their own little house (lol) and feed them the fluker's cricket food and all the veggies my girls won't eat. There are quite a few YouTube videos that tell you how to keep them alive, healthy and nutritious for your little one (such as, something I NEVER would've thought of, putting in a wet paper towel as a water source). I also feed them supers. I started with small meal worms but once I got over all the fear mongering on the Internet, I realized they very easily snap those suckers right in half and eat them just fine at their age. I also keep them in a separate carrier and feed them things that are healthy for the dragons. Your's is still a little thing, so I would stick with the small meal worms. Like I said, I don't have access to a large variety of insects, but I try to alternate and make the ones I have as nutritious as possible. Hope that helps a little! I know I'm new to this too but I almost feel like I'm studying for an exam I've read so much, watched informational videos and I joined this fantastic place! :p
Still a newbie!

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Although, I am reading everywhere that says the Dubia Roaches are better.. I am one of those beardie Mom's who just can't get over the fact that I have to deal with Roaches; like my skin is crawling just typing about them(it's that bad)... With that being said, is the only thing I can feed him right now crickets? Are they NO good filled worms I can give him?

Thanks in advance.

Right there with you on the roach thing! I am the LEAST squeemish person, but the ONE thing I cannot handle is roaches! Bleh :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nichole1228

Juvenile Dragon
Same here, I've been on google so much lately and asking ?'s on here! So far ive only feed him crickets. I'm an hour away from a pet store so I keep them in a container with the cricket food ur talking about! I have to hand feed him veggies/fruit.

Dawn McNair

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What about feeding the mealies that have just shed...the white ones? I tend to choose these as much as possible to feed my geckos. I'm a little willified by the dubias myself.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Those are fine too if it will eat them. Its white after shed as the proteins in its shell havent gotten hard yet. Probably makes it easier to digest anyway