• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dropping your dragon

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I live in the state of washington, here you can spank/paddle. You cannot leave a permanent mark afterwards. Spare the rod, spoil the child.
AND, I don't let anyone handle the dragons unless I am right there.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
There's a difference between spanking and 'abusing'. Spanking is teaching the child a lesson, without the after mark. Spanking using harsh force is considered abuse. Sadly, I know this all.

Debbe said:
AND, I don't let anyone handle the dragons unless I am right there.

I only trust the people that take care of my dragons with me. Like if I'm away, my sister or her boyfriend handles them - I trust them. Though I still get nervous because they're not me. ;D

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I believed in spanking too. Though I did not do it often myself. I was one of those"wait until your father gets home" kind of Moms. And even then it did not happen often with our girls(they knew if we said they would get spanked for doing something. They would.) But that's because when they were really little we were consistant in doling out discipline. And we lived in mutual respect of each other. I treated them fairly and they in turn were expected to be respectful.(though I had one who tried to talk back once in a while). And always we let them know how much we loved them!! We did not have rebellious teenagers(something I lived in fear of from the time they were born) I was a piece of work as a teenager and was afraid they had inherited my genes. LOL!!

My son was a different story. Until he was 8 I thought we'd be visiting him in jail. The trouble he got into. :eek: But he straightened out and turned into a good man. It probably was from ALL those spankings!! Mike used to take him down to the basement and I'd go on the other side of the house so I would not hear him getting talked to and spanked. Mike would come up crying. So disappointed he had to deal with him!! Discipline if done right does work. Not the easiest thing to do as a parent though. These days you must be discrete or you could end up in jail!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup...Miss Piggy flew out of my hands 3 times and RAN across the house. then I learned how to keep her from taking flight.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
Yup...Miss Piggy flew out of my hands 3 times and RAN across the house. then I learned how to keep her from taking flight.

Anyone else see that picture image in their heads ? lol... Miss piggy sprouting wings and flying outta Sandra's hands, then touch down on the floor, and run across the house... Sorry... just couldn't resist...

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Holy crap! Dexter just leaped and fell from about 3 feet. I had him out holding him in my hand on the window sill getting some sun. I went to put him back in his tank and he usually hops from my hand onto his log. Apparently he didn't want to go back into his tank. Suddenly, he ran up my arm and then dropped to the floor from my elbow before I knew what was happening. He kinda hit the stand on his way down. I tried to catch him, but he was so quick. I picked him up quickly and cuddled him for a minute and then very carefully set him back onto his log. He scurried up to the top where he likes to sit and licked it, but I'm so scared he did damage. How do I know he's alright? What do I look for? What are some signs he's not well. He's just a baby, so it's hard to tell if he's stressed.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Holy crap! Dexter just leaped and fell from about 3 feet. I had him out holding him in my hand on the window sill getting some sun. I went to put him back in his tank and he usually hops from my hand onto his log. Apparently he didn't want to go back into his tank. Suddenly, he ran up my arm and then dropped to the floor from my elbow before I knew what was happening. He kinda hit the stand on his way down. I tried to catch him, but he was so quick. I picked him up quickly and cuddled him for a minute and then very carefully set him back onto his log. He scurried up to the top where he likes to sit and licked it, but I'm so scared he did damage. How do I know he's alright? What do I look for? What are some signs he's not well. He's just a baby, so it's hard to tell if he's stressed.
As far as I can tell Dex is acting normal since his crazy leap. He's eating and still roams his cage. He looks like he's moving ok. Still nervous as I don't know what to watch for exactly, but I'm keeping eagle eyes on him.

Sebastian27

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just dropped Blaze 20 minutes ago onto hardwood floor (on accident of course). She dropped about 4 and a half feet an landed on her back. She seems fine. She’s just bloating up which is what she does whenever she’s stressed. The complication is that she’s pregnant.

Sebastian27

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just dropped Blaze 20 minutes ago onto hardwood floor (on accident of course). She dropped about 4 and a half feet an landed on her back. She seems fine. She’s just bloating up which is what she does whenever she’s stressed. The complication is that she’s pregnant.
Should I take her to the vet?

Sebastian27

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here’s a photo
8808F1B2-F31D-43DB-9AB2-FBDC6FEE39BC.jpeg

Latest posts