• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my bearded dragon have tail rot?

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Looks to be stuck shed! Ours did the same and after soaking in his tub several times the stuck shed loosened and came off. Be sure to soak for at least 10 minutes a day! That’s what worked for ours!
Oh wowwww that makes soooo much sense thank you!!! I will

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Tail Rot is NOT normal; Google or take him to a vet. Tyoically it cuts their circulation. Please remember that Whenever he sheds he needs more baths tyoically in general it’s 2 per week for 15min minimum In lukewarm, dechlorinated water. Buy REPTISAFE if you don’t have a home filter system. When the Beardie sheds he needs more baths. Baths in general keep the Beardie hydrated, helps with itching during shedding and helps the shedding fall off quicker and prevents shes from sticking & creating Rot.

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Tail Rot is NOT normal; Google or take him to a vet. Tyoically it cuts their circulation. Please remember that Whenever he sheds he needs more baths tyoically in general it’s 2 per week for 15min minimum In lukewarm, dechlorinated water. Buy REPTISAFE if you don’t have a home filter system. When the Beardie sheds he needs more baths. Baths in general keep the Beardie hydrated, helps with itching during shedding and helps the shedding fall off quicker and prevents shes from sticking & creating Rot
Ok got it but why does it have to be dechlorinated?? He never puts his head near the water

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I’m a little worried that my bearded dragon has tail rot because the end of his tail is slightly black and the tip feels hard as a rock! Is this normal?View attachment 27108
If anyone can help me out I would truly be grateful thank you!!!
His tail looks healthy. Sometimes they can go darker when a tail shed is due. The tip of the tail is normally firm. Hope this reply reassures you.

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
You can stick the reader on the outside of the tank - set the probe on the basking spot where he sits for 10 minutes then see what it says - you do not need to leave it there you can stick to the side of the tank- spot check temp like 2 times / week - a IR gun works good too they however do not read off hammocks and certain decor materials that's why it's good to have the digital they are most accurate
So I just made his official menu of for each week can you confirm that it’s a good diet?? I’ll attach a picture
5987BF06-EDA4-4F20-9D50-63DC81CA147B.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I just made his official menu of for each week can you confirm that it’s a good diet?? I’ll attach a picture View attachment 27298
The diet looks fine but you want to dust the insects that includes the worms -- every time you feed her / him insects alternate the supplements -- also get some calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus if you dont have any-- w/ the T 5 bulb you will need to alternate the calciums so your not over doing the D3 --

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
The diet looks fine but you want to dust the insects that includes the worms -- every time you feed her / him insects alternate the supplements -- also get some calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus if you dont have any-- w/ the T 5 bulb you will need to alternate the calciums so your not over doing the D3 --
Got it! Thanx

Latest posts