• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does my bearded dragon have tail rot?

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Supers are really easy to keep aswell heres a couple pics of my bug bins :) roaches are in a 30gal?? Crickets are in a regular bucket, and the supers are in maybe a gallon tupperwear? (they have 3 inches oat meal, bran, corn meal , as food/substrate)
Oh wow this is so helpful thank you! So I think i will do roaches and silkworms for the live food

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok but what do you mean my hide is on the cool side and what do you mean by the “lower one”View attachment 27165
The one on the right is lower switch them and did you take the big water bowl out--- ? Is he eating salads? He needs hydration - is the tank sitting on the floor?

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
The one on the right is lower switch them and did you take the big water bowl out--- ? Is he eating salads? He needs hydration - is the tank sitting on the floor?
Oh ok I’ll do that Tom cus he’s sleeping now yes he’s eating salads and he got super worms also and yes he’s on the floor unfortunately I can’t find a table small enough to fit the size of the tank. So I will be doing roaches and silkworms that is final for the live food and as for the veggies I would make a daily salad of all the same veggies that way I don’t have to change the salad every other day it makes things easier and still not sure what to do with the calcium powder and the new vitamin also how many roaches and worms would you suggest for his days that he gets live food???

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Also I didn’t take the water bowl out cus the new on didn’t arrive yet

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Wait what do I gain by switching the hide and the basking stairs and why does it matter what side the lamp is on??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh ok I’ll do that Tom cus he’s sleeping now yes he’s eating salads and he got super worms also and yes he’s on the floor unfortunately I can’t find a table small enough to fit the size of the tank. So I will be doing roaches and silkworms that is final for the live food and as for the veggies I would make a daily salad of all the same veggies that way I don’t have to change the salad every other day it makes things easier and still not sure what to do with the calcium powder and the new vitamin also how many roaches and worms would you suggest for his days that he gets live food???
Look at garage sales or used furniture stores look for a dresser they work good you can use the drawers for his supplies- the insects I would do 3 silk worms on top of his salads 2- 3 times per week dust them 2 days w/ calcium D 3 the other feeding vitamins- use a potato salad container or plastic container lightly dust them do not make them look like a powder donut- you can alternate the silk w/ the roaches if you want- he needs fresh salads everyday if he eats all his salads you can feed more- he needs his dish cleaned out every day- do not feed dried out salads he needs fresh - get your veggies from Walmart or if they are cheaper at your farmers market do that- I pay $2 for a bunch of collards or turnip greens they can last 2 weeks- mustard greens don't last like collard or turnip or kale-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wait what do I gain by switching the hide and the basking stairs and why does it matter what side the lamp is on??
Your trying to lower the basking temp to 95-100-- use your probe on top of the hide and see what the temp is put the stairs on the other side of the tank-- that side of the tank should be in the 80's-- the middle of the tank should be in the 90's- did you take the water dish out?

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Look at garage sales or used furniture stores look for a dresser they work good you can use the drawers for his supplies- the insects I would do 3 silk worms on top of his salads 2- 3 times per week dust them 2 days w/ calcium D 3 the other feeding vitamins- use a potato salad container or plastic container lightly dust them do not make them look like a powder donut- you can alternate the silk w/ the roaches if you want- he needs fresh salads everyday if he eats all his salads you can feed more- he needs his dish cleaned out every day- do not feed dried out salads he needs fresh - get your veggies from Walmart or if they are cheaper at your farmers market do that- I pay $2 for a bunch of collards or turnip greens they can last 2 weeks- mustard greens don't last like collard or turnip or kale-
Awesomeeee ordering everything right now ehat did you say I should use for food for the roaches I don’t want to do fresh veggies

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Your trying to lower the basking temp to 95-100-- use your probe on top of the hide and see what the temp is put the stairs on the other side of the tank-- that side of the tank should be in the 80's-- the middle of the tank should be in the 90's- did you take the water dish out?
Ohhhh ok I will do it when he wakes up and no I didn’t take out his water dish because his new one didn’t arrive yet but I’ve never seen him drink from it anyway

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesomeeee ordering everything right now ehat did you say I should use for food for the roaches I don’t want to do fresh veggies
Dubia chow and water crystals put one tsp of the crystals in a qt of water let them sit for 10 minutes and use a slotted spoon and put them in a bowl-- keep the roaches fed and watered - feed them in the evening they eat at nite---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhh ok I will do it when he wakes up and no I didn’t take out his water dish because his new one didn’t arrive yet but I’ve never seen him drink from it anyway
Ok that's good it just is taking a lot of room in the tank---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Beardies don’t really drink from standing water, i had a water dish im my beardies enclosure for 8 8 months and she never even set her foot in it, if your beardie truly doesn’t even lay in it, you might want to rethink having one, it’s adding unnecessary humidity to the enclosure, although if you have to go on vacation for 2-3 days i do recommend putting in a water dish, some do drink from it when left for a couple days. As they’re desperate.

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Dubia chow and water crystals put one tsp of the crystals in a qt of water let them sit for 10 minutes and use a slotted spoon and put them in a bowl-- keep the roaches fed and watered - feed them in the evening they eat at nite---
So I spoke to my parents and they said no to roaches but yes to crickets so they have ones that don’t make noise???

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Beardies don’t really drink from standing water, i had a water dish im my beardies enclosure for 8 8 months and she never even set her foot in it, if your beardie truly doesn’t even lay in it, you might want to rethink having one, it’s adding unnecessary humidity to the enclosure, although if you have to go on vacation for 2-3 days i do recommend putting in a water dish, some do drink from it when left for a couple days. As they’re desperate.
Oh ok I got a smaller water dish for him anyway so I’ll just leave it in there but thank you for the idea!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I spoke to my parents and they said no to roaches but yes to crickets so they have ones that don’t make noise???
NOPE and they are escape artist and they STINK!!! You are better off w/ the roaches they last longer and are easier to keep --- and they are quiet!!

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
NOPE and they are escape artist and they STINK!!! You are better off w/ the roaches they last longer and are easier to keep --- and they are quiet!!
But my parents are scared of a roach infestation so they said no. is there any other options besides roaches and crickets??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
But my parents are scared of a roach infestation so they said no. is there any other options besides roaches and crickets??
BSFL and silk worms--- roaches will not infest the home -- if they get out they die right away --- they dont last --- they are NOT COCK roaches they are little dubias --- there is a difference

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
BSFL and silk worms--- roaches will not infest the home -- if they get out they die right away --- they dont last --- they are NOT COCK roaches they are little dubias --- there is a difference
Ohhhh ok let me speak to my parents again thank you

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhh ok let me speak to my parents again thank you
Advocate to your parents that if a roach gets out, it takes them 3-8 months to mature to an adult roach, if you have tile or laminate flooring in your home thats a hostile environment for roaches, and they’ll die, dubias need humidity and food with lots of protein to breed. I too had to talk my mom into getting them. Roaches cant climb glass or smooth surfaces . Trust me they dont want crickets in their home, they stink really bad, as lomg as you have a lid on your roach bin, and have the bin in an open setting (not up against a wall) otherwise if you do accidentally drop one , it wont have much time to escape.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hotel cockroaches and dubias are two completely different species of roaches.

Latest posts