• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

do you work around your beardie's feeding/sleeping schedule?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well, maybe I'll have to go with manual for a while yet. I'll look into it though.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
brink has good digital timers and they are about 9 dollars at walmart you won't even here the click wen the lights turn off it is silent and it has a backup battery in it that stores the time and memory just in case the power goes out i can take a picture for you guys if you want to see it

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would have to have one that would operate my power strip. They're all connected to the one. Germ had some ideas on that.

Drogo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah the timers are great and cheap. This is the one I have:
http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-TN...N5FO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1334358716&sr=8-8

Mine is on from 7:30am-7:30pm everyday. During the work week, I put greens in his tank for him when I leave for work in the morning (around 7:30) then I get home at about 5pm and feed him crickets. This allows him some time after eating the crickets to warm his belly and digest his food before his light goes off. I notice even after the light goes off, he rides out his basking spot for another half hour or so while it is still warm.

I usually wait until about 8:30pm to handle him so he is well fed and I'm not depriving him of his UVB / heat lamp. I've also noticed he does all of his pooping during the day so I don't have to worry about that if I'm handling him at night. I tried handling him last Saturday in the afternoon and sure enough, he pooped and peed on my hand. :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just an FYI: BDs don't 'P' so to speak. The waste material that humans/mammals would expel in the form of urine, is expelled by most birds & many reptiles in the form of Urate, the white portion of their 'Poop'. The liquid expelled along with a well hydrated BDs poop is basically, for lack of a better word, 'Poop Lube' ;).

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I forgot to mention I did get a timer for my system. Went out of town overnight on Easter weekend and wasn't going to be there to turn lights on or off so I finally caved in.

Pat B

Super Moderator
A timer might be very reliable... but that means I would have to talk my husband into buying yet another nick nack for the beardies... hrmm.... I really do like that idea though.
Timers are cheap....I bought mine at Lowes for about $6. I never worry about when the light comes on or goes off.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Timers are cheap....I bought mine at Lowes for about $6. I never worry about when the light comes on or goes off.
I think I bought mine for $20.00 :( maybe I should have went to Lowes instead of Home Depot and Walmart. (Got one for my daughters set up as well later on, don't want her to chance forgetting the light)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I got mine too for $7 or $8. I generally snag a couple around Christmas time for spares, they are a dime a dozen then.

Latest posts