• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

do you work around your beardie's feeding/sleeping schedule?

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
I am just curious of course (and for those who don't have a scheduled timer) do you wake up/go to sleep around his/her schedule? I know since having Chaos, I have gone to sleep when it's time (12-14 hours later) from the time I turn it on and wake up MUCH earlier in the mornings to make sure he is okay and to turn on his lights for him...( I think since what happened to Izzy I am a bit more worried too right now) Does anyone else sleep/wake up around their beardie's schedule? lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I just started getting my dragons up earlier... *grumble* that means I wake up earlier. The room gets too hot at night with all the cages going til all hours so I started getting up and gradually making it earlier every day.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
scheduled timers are pretty cheap to get i have a brinks digital timer i got it from walmart and it cost me about 9 dollars
If I remember right, my powersun can't be put on a timer. I might have to look it up again, but I'm positive I can't put it on a dimmer.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
as im typeing this my bearded dragon jumped like 5 inches onto his basking rock, scared me to death.

anyway, i wake up around 10-11 in the morning and turn on his lights. im also up very late at night up to 3am in the morning. so i normally just turn it off around 12 at night. gives him a good 12 hours of light.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A timer might be very reliable... but that means I would have to talk my husband into buying yet another nick nack for the beardies... hrmm.... I really do like that idea though.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Walmart, home depot, Lowes - just about any hardware store.
the et stores over charge for them so the walmart/other store ideas are great!
i think it was petsmart that wanted 35 dollars for a 2 plug timer. insain i tell you.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
the et stores over charge for them so the walmart/other store ideas are great!
i think it was petsmart that wanted 35 dollars for a 2 plug timer. insain i tell you.
Ick! do they sell em with as many plugs as a power strip? That's what I would need. Got three tanks and a tv and blue ray player all using the same two outlets.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most of the ones I use only have one outlet, so I either plug a power bar into it (Most times that doesn't work as most have a 3 prong plug, timers are generally 2), an extension cord with a three-way at the female end or just a three-way plug. My enclosures are on opposite sides of the room so I used 2 timers.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Most of the ones I use only have one outlet, so I either plug a power bar into it (Most times that doesn't work as most have a 3 prong plug, timers are generally 2), an extension cord with a three-way at the female end or just a three-way plug. My enclosures are on opposite sides of the room so I used 2 timers.
:( sad

Latest posts