• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diet beyond crickets

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They love chasing them down :) OMG when I gave Izzy some for the first time I thought she was going to eat herself into a frenzy she devoured them
Izzy easily eats a full grown male or female roach they get up to 2"! lifespan is 11/2 year for male and 2 years female

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice. I'll get supers and Dubai and some crickets
I started Izzy on dubia's really early probably Sosa's size, he should be able to eat a small juv easy

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay I will actually just go to petco now and check out what they have!
like I said Petco has the best selection of feeder bugs and that's where I go when I need bugs and it's too cold to ship

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I give my crickets those flukers orange cubes. Do the other bugs eat those?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I give my crickets those flukers orange cubes. Do the other bugs eat those?
you would be better off mixing up white corn meal, rolled oats, and some fish flake food.... this can be given to all feeder bugs
then go to home depot and get water crystals (used for soil) for your water

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I just went to petco and they only have crickets meal worms and wax worms

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
My boss has snakes and he's pretty knowledgeable about reptile stores in the area. I will ask him. For now I will ask for super and wax and cricket

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I know! And of course their supply trucks come tomorrow. They don't even have any small crickets lol

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
If you have any advice on storing them and gut loading them so I can get the most out of them please let me know

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I just keep the super worms in the container they come in?
yes you can, what i've done is got a gladware tuperware container that's like 4 inches high poked a bunch of holes in the top, the stuff that they are in is wheat bran so I got some more and I have them in our basement to keep them cool not cold... like once a week I'll put a carrot in there

Latest posts