• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Deluxe DIY desert terarium

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can't be watching them 24\7, even if we could, it only takes a split second for one to amputate the limb of another, so no time for intervention. By the same token, just what good will a Web Cam do to prevent things from happening, if something is happening, do you want to want to watch helplessly?
Remember the success I have had housing two beardies is from the same clutch size age etc. And went into the enclosure at the same time.
I've always had two beardies in a enclosure BUT always were two female and from see clutch.

So maybe that's the difference for my experiences.
There have been many instances of BDs being together, apparently getting along for years (Been there, done that), then "Bam" one is missing a leg, arm, tail, an eye, or worse. Sorry, but your 6 month's experience is not a lot to base a decision on. Being 2 females may be part of it, as at times this is successful, but more times than not will eventually fail, sometimes quite miserably at one or both BDs expense. Being siblings from the same clutch means absolutely nothing, siblings are notorious for going after each other. They have absolutely no familial ties & in the case of different sexes you also have the breeding issues.
If you see anything on em when you get home separate.
It would be a little late then ...
Don't see cuts or anything and leave em with each other..
Until the next time, or the next & you come home to carnage that you won't soon forget.

Forcing cohabitation, you are playing against the odds, because the odds are that it will fail sooner than later. Should you be successful, you are more the exception than the rule. It is your pets that will suffer the consequences, not you. Cohabitation is only for the benefit of the keeper, serves absolutely no benefit to the dragons, is not with the dragons' best interests & well being in mind.

You are right, the ultimate decision is with the keeper, but experience proves it not to be a good plan ... House separately, have some peace of mind, having no fear of disastrous possibly fatal incidents.

Good Luck to all with your decisions.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You can't be watching them 24\7, even if we could, it only takes a split second for one to amputate the limb of another, so no time for intervention. By the same token, just what good will a Web Cam do to prevent things from happening, if something is happening, do you want to want to watch helplessly?

There have been many instances of BDs being together, apparently getting along for years (Been there, done that), then "Bam" one is missing a leg, arm, tail, an eye, or worse. Sorry, but your 6 month's experience is not a lot to base a decision on. Being 2 females may be part of it, as at times this is successful, but more times than not will eventually fail, sometimes quite miserably at one or both BDs expense. Being siblings from the same clutch means absolutely nothing, siblings are notorious for going after each other. They have absolutely no familial ties & in the case of different sexes you also have the breeding issues.
It would be a little late then ...Until the next time & you come home to carnage that you won't soon forget.

Forcing cohabitation, you are playing against the odds, because the odds are that it will fail sooner than later. Should you be successful, you are more the exception than the rule. It is your pets that will suffer the consequences, not you. Cohabitation is only for the benefit of the keeper, serves absolutely no benefit to the dragons, is not with the dragons' best interests & well being in mind.

You are right, the ultimate decision is with the keeper, but experience proves it not to be a good plan ... House separately, have some peace of mind, having no fear of disastrous possibly fatal incidents.

Good Luck to all with your decisions.

6 months experience???

Why because one set of my beardies have been housed together for that time? Or because my other beardies have been housed together for 7 years?

All my post have been my opinion and experience with mine and others.

Sorry we all r not "experts" animals live together and any situation can be looked at poorly.

Sorry for sharing my opinion and experiences. Disregard everything I've said because I'm wrong.

Cheers.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6 months experience???
Sorry, should have been 3 months according to your post.

Why because one set of my beardies have been housed together for that time? Or because my other beardies have been housed together for 7 years?
By your post, the females that were together for 7 years, were your mothers & am super glad that she has had no incidents so far. Again, being females & more the exception than the rule.

All my post have been my opinion and experience with mine and others.
As mine have been ... Over 12 years & many dragons. And yes, I have tried the cohab route in large enclosures, separate basking areas, feeding separately, only to fail, like many others.

Sorry we all r not "experts" animals live together and any situation can be looked at poorly.

Sorry for sharing my opinion and experiences. Disregard everything I've said because I'm wrong.
It is good that you have shared your experiences, with some luck, you won't be sharing unpleasant ones in the future ...

Cheers.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Good Luck

Lol that's too funny. I don't see anywhere that I said 6 months or 3 months.

I did refer to one set of my son's beardies for the last 7 months.

My mom's for 7 years.

But it's fine flex them muscles I don't care.

Everyone has there own experiences I'm sorry for sharing mine

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My X and our son have 2 female beardies in a 40 gallon terrarium. And the r almost 7 months old I believe. And r from same clutch and been living together since birth.

I had two in the same tank and had to separate due to Illness with the one and didn't want it to spread to the other. Up to that point they were together for 3months no issues
So is it 3 months or <6 that you experienced the cohab of your son's BDs? :confused: I'm saying 6 because you did not say that you hatched them out, so guessing that they were at least a month old when you acquired them.

Once again, Good Luck

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So is it 3 months or <6 that you experienced the cohab of your son's BDs? :confused:

Once again, Good Luck

Also once again. Learn to full read

My X AND SON have beardies for 7 months same tank.

MY MYSELF AND I have ones for 3 months and counting.

Please be ignorant but correct on your statement.

Cheers.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just because some have bad experiences doesn't mean all do.

Beat your also the one that says all pit bulls need to die.

Again sorry for having an opinion. I shall leave it to you. Who may have more knowledge than me about beardies.

But I also never claimed my way was right just said I MO based of all the beardies I have had over the years.

Have a fantastic day.

Lol forward to more debats they r fun

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Well I don't mean to add to the drama or anything but my little girl I just got from a breeder had some marks on her nose when I unboxed her. I had assumed it was from her rubbing herself, maybe freaking out a bit, on the inside of the container she came shipped in. When I talked to the breeder (they have a 6 month health guarantee pending I provide daily updates and jump through a lot of other hoops which is cool with me), she said that the marks on her face had actually come from her sister during feeding time. Apparently mine was gobbling up all the roaches and her sister decided to defend herself. Keep in mind these are 3 month old dragons and clutch mates. Just my own experience for what it's worth.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well I don't mean to add to the drama or anything but my little girl I just got from a breeder had some marks on her nose when I unboxed her. I had assumed it was from her rubbing herself, maybe freaking out a bit, on the inside of the container she came shipped in. When I talked to the breeder (they have a 6 month health guarantee pending I provide daily updates and jump through a lot of other hoops which is cool with me), she said that the marks on her face had actually come from her sister during feeding time. Apparently mine was gobbling up all the roaches and her sister decided to defend herself. Keep in mind these are 3 month old dragons and clutch mates. Just my own experience for what it's worth.

Exactly and I am not disputing the fact that this can happen has happened etc.

I only said the success I have had.

And when someone calls me out I defend my statement and will definitely admit when I'm wrong. And hell maybe I am.

But still doesn't mean the success I have had is bullshit.

But o well.

Im Wrong

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone

I am new into bearded dragons world but i want to show my Project.

The project took 2 weeks to be completed. It is 1200 x 600 x 700. Aprox 500 l or 132 ga.

It hosts so far one cute Orange Yellow Het Trans. Looking forward to add in one month another cutey
Beautiful enclosure & dragon Misa, Congrats! & Welcome to the BD Community.

JUGGERNAUT

Bearded Dragon Egg
also from my experiences on cohabitation they have all turned out unfortunate some took longer than others but were unsuccessful

thanking my lucky stars that it only cost my bds a few toes before I got the drift - don't even like talking about it - definitely not worth the risk

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
What do you think about this one? Its a male, red, he is 4 months years old i think he would be a good add to my girl. What do you think? Should i give it a try?

a87115cfcb5712ab15ab9d7fdee7ed37.jpg

What do you think about this one? its citrus?
http://terraplaza.hu/en/userprofile/kapi1997

bmwflora

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am wondering what sealant to use to seal my tank. I am building it out of birch plywood and want to seal the wood. Thank you!

Latest posts