• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Deluxe DIY desert terarium

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone

I am new into bearded dragons world but i want to show my Project.

The project took 2 weeks to be completed. It is 1200 x 600 x 700. Aprox 500 l or 132 ga.

It hosts so far one cute Orange Yellow Het Trans. Looking forward to add in one month another cutey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389641449980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389641449980.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 158

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
You may want to rethink adding any more beardies. One will be just fine multiples living together is kinda asking for trouble. It looks very beautiful so far! How old is the one in there now?

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is 6 months. Why do you say it will be hard? After different age bearded dragons dont get along as adults?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I've seen too many pics and videos of injured beardies to even think of housing more than one in a single enclosure. They're not social animals in the wild or captivity. They don't need anothers' company. ..only yours :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That looks like an awesome enclosure! Co-habitation can be very dangerous and detrimental to dragons. Usually beardies are a bit too possessive and territorial to safely have a roommate :)

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
How about a submissive male (lol) and Two females? :)

Ive start reading about the subject and indeed, not many recommend housing Two or more.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've seen a lot about this. And doing research everyone is saying bad idea to house two beardies together.

And in my opinion. If you house two together and they so aggression fight etc a good ow er would separate them.

I personally and a couple of my closest friends have housed beardies in groups.

My X and our son have 2 female beardies in a 40 gallon terrarium. And the r almost 7 months old I believe. And r from same clutch and been living together since birth.

Also most of the issues I've read about r people putting a new beardie in a terrarium with a beardie that's been in it already for a while. Than aggression and territorial traits will obviously emerge.

So IMO I think if you introduce the two beardies to there new home at the same time it will equal less stress and happier dragons and they should be OK.
But obviously keep a eye on them.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Please see "Introducing New Dragons" thread under "General Discusions" category. Germ's response is an article that SHOULD be seen!

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please see "Introducing New Dragons" thread under "General Discusions" category. Germ's response is an article that SHOULD be seen!
It was originally posted on 12-15-13. Be sure to read as well as look at the pics. Lots of good info.

Here's the link

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/9714/

And yea totally agree if one beardie has already made his enclosure home for awhile. But two new beardies introduced to a enclosure at the same time should be ok.

I've personally have done it with no issues. And my mother had two beardies in the same tank for almost 7 years with no incidents at all. Both females.

All in all no matter what advice you receive it's the OP decision to do as wish.

I had two in the same tank and had to separate due to Illness with the one and didn't want it to spread to the other. Up to that point they were together for 3months no issues.

Again this is my opinion based on my experiences. With my own and others beardies.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
OK, lol, I think maybe I'm being too pushy? It IS ultimately the decision of each owner to do as he/she feels best. I apologize if I'm coming off as bossy or offending anyone :(

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
OK, lol, I think maybe I'm being too pushy? It IS ultimately the decision of each owner to do as he/she feels best. I apologize if I'm coming off as bossy or offending anyone :(

I don't think you are at all and don't mean to imply that. Sorry if I did.

Just didn't want the OP to think that it's the worst idea ever to have two in one tank under right circumstances.

There's a lot of info to say DON'T DO IT EVER. But why? What were the situations etc in which these bearded hurt each other. Was one in the tank and than year later another one put in etc.......... Two males? Male female? So on and so forth....

I've always had two beardies in a enclosure BUT always were two female and from see clutch.

So maybe that's the difference for my experiences.

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey again. Pls dont worry about me. I love debates...and as far as i can see...im glad there are more that housed more beardies. It seems you guys made a point...its time to search as fast as i can for a roommate for the female i have. There she is, Orange Yellow Het Trans. god i am in love with her. Even i have 2 unsexed crested and 1 pair of nerphrus levis levis...this is by far the best i could receive atm from this world :)

IMG_6969.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey again. Pls dont worry about me. I love debates...and as far as i can see...im glad there are more that housed more beardies. It seems you guys made a point...its time to search as fast as i can for a roommate for the female i have. There she is, Orange Yellow Het Trans. god i am in love with her. Even i have 2 unsexed crested and 1 pair of nerphrus levis levis...this is by far the best i could receive atm from this world :)

View attachment 6923 View attachment 6923

Remember the success I have had housing two beardies is from the same clutch size age etc. And went into the enclosure at the same time.

As much as they r wild and keep those instincts they r also captive bread and that I'd think would change em a wee bit. IMO.

If you do decide on two in one tank keep a good eye on them.

Good luck

Misa

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the advice. I will. Do you have any idea how to do it considering from 10:00AM until 19:00/20:00 PM there is nobody home ?

Webcam on ?:)))

Latest posts