• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crocodile Skinks?

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
Felt like this was appropriate lol

themoreyouknow.jpg

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I asked my Exotic Vet about these and he said they are sqirmish. I also wanted to say that I had a bad expierence with a seller listed on Fauna Classifieds. I don't know if I am allowed to post names here so I won't but if anyone wants the name feel free to contact me. He sells reptiles and habitats and he will take your money through paypal and keep disputing it through paypal until paypals policy expires. He took me for $400 plus! Be careful and look at feedback on any seller on Fauna Classifieds.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Yah, I'm not too worried about them being skittish and was looking for them more as display animals, i.e. pets I provided ridiculous care for but never touched, just enjoyed from a distance. :D I have that relationship with my albino pacman and we both seem to enjoy it!

When I want to play around I've got cats, a dog, and of course my Reggie-monster dragon.

The hunt is taking more time and looking around than I realized. Right now I'm thinking the best thing to do is contact the vendors at the next reptile show here in April. That would be better for me too anyway, since right now it's pretty busy at the car dealership I work at. :cool:

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Our next Repticon is in May so I am seriously thinking of adding a Beardie from Carolina Designer Dragons. She has a great reputation and her Dragons are simply stunning and look so healthy.:D

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
It's been awhile since I've cruised the boards, so I wanted to give you all an update. I went to the reptile convention here in San Antonio back in April and found ONE crocodile skink in the whole place! It was from a local shop here in San Antonio called Reptile Pets Direct. Of course I picked him up! These guys are great; knowledgable, polite, and professional!

When I got him home I of course had his setup ready so I plopped him in. I tossed a cricket in there and he ate right away. He's been a great eater! They didn't have a female at the time but he gave me a good deal on a CB just yesterday. They seem to be getting along just fine and she is already eating.

These are awesome pets. If you have the space and are looking for a pretty (but reclusive) pet, I'd recommend them. They are night owls, but also seem to enjoy eating in the morning (just like me :D). They are quick, and if you can catch them hunting, it really is a sight! They enjoy crickets and mealworms, but don't really seem to care for waxworms (which is fine, my dragon likes them). Roaches don't work well in their enclosure because they burrow into the substrate pretty much immediately. Overall, a really cool pet that requires a bit more attention because of the humidity requirements, but still really easy to care for.

Latest posts