• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Confirming Death- rigor mortis

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The heat lamp is fluckers and it’s not a coil. But the uvb we’re not sure we’ve had it a couple years. It totally is possible he came from the store sick as a past crested gecko from the same store came visibly sick from the start. But the bearded dragon has also always had a lot more energy and has been fine that we’ve known for 6 months. Between the gecko and the dragon we did deep clean everything in the cage.
Uvb's expire in either 6 months or 1 year depending on the bulb-- what did you use for cleaning? I can post all kinds of info for you tomorrow on the dragon - if you want me to - it's going to be a lot so info over load let me know

LaylaM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Uvb's expire in either 6 months or 1 year depending on the bulb-- what did you use for cleaning? I can post all kinds of info for you tomorrow on the dragon - if you want me to - it's going to be a lot so info over load let me know
That would be helpful if it’s no trouble

LaylaM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok that is good what were you using for a uvb? The long tube fixture bulbs have different placement and distance for T 5 and T 8's- where did you get the dragon from?
I had mentioned he hadn’t set in rigor mortis yet before, is that what you were saying that’s good too? If it is how so?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
20 but we were looking for a 75 gal
Ok that will be fine for a baby dragon till he's about 4-5 months old then he will need a bigger tank+ they grow very quickly when given the correct diet and husbandry- so I am gonna set you up for that -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had mentioned he hadn’t set in rigor mortis yet before, is that what you were saying that’s good too? If it is how so?
No odd- is he cold? Check in the morning for stiffness

LaylaM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know how long it takes for rigor mortis to set in -
I’ve read it should only take about 30 minutes but I’ve also read on some not setting in for a good while *like the person who started this thread*

LaylaM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Has he moved at all ? What about his eyes are they still the same? I am sure he has passed --
Yeah I’m sure now too. I had to dig pretty deep to find out that rigor mortis is temporary and afterwards they completely relax. I hate that this information was so hard for us to find.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I’m sure now too. I had to dig pretty deep to find out that rigor mortis is temporary and afterwards they completely relax. I hate that this information was so hard for us to find.
I can ask a vet tech friend about this too and see what she says -

Latest posts