• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned about dinky!!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
just FYI I would remove the red light and only use white lighting as the colored bulbs don't allow their pupils to dilate correctly and can cause eye damage..
If you need night heat if it gets below 65F use a CHE ceramic heating element for heat..
It's a inferred bulb.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's a inferred bulb.

Yep infrared bulbs give off a spectrum of light that doesn't allow their eyes to constrict and dilate and over time it damages their eyes. Any colored lights blue, purple, red and black lights are all in this. And if on at night doesn't allow them to fully go to sleep.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep infrared bulbs give off a spectrum of light that doesn't allow their eyes to constrict and dilate and over time it damages their eyes. Any colored lights blue, purple, red and black lights are all in this. And if on at night doesn't allow them to fully go to sleep.
Thanks for telling me that. Will get a new bulb next week when I get paid. I'm getting a bigger viv aswell. They are happy and settled in their 4ft viv but I've seen a lovely custom 5.5ft viv I want for them it's 3ft high so will have loads of space to put platforms, hammocks ect in and plenty of floor space.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
FYI if you are getting a bigger viv, which is great! You will not only need to get different bulbs (get rid of the red) but you will need higher watts for heat!!! Just an FYI! I know for me budget budget budget!! I got the lights first then the viv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just upgraded Izzy from her 55 gal to a 40 gal breeder from Petco as they are having their $1 a gal sale..

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
FYI if you are getting a bigger viv, which is great! You will not only need to get different bulbs (get rid of the red) but you will need higher watts for heat!!! Just an FYI! I know for me budget budget budget!! I got the lights first then the viv.

It's a full set up viv complete with bulbs, 2 thermometers, 2 thermostats ( 1 day 1 night) 100w halogen white basking light, ceramic night bulb plus uvn bulb ( only got a new 1 other day but nothing wrong with a spare), I'm gonna put platforms in and new hides and hammocks half tile and half astro turf but in 1 corner it will be wooden decking with a hole in the middle that food bowl fit's in.
In total it will be around £500 we set a budget of £600. It's gonna be like a dragons play ground lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow!!! That sounds amazing! I'm sorry I didn't know it came with all that!! Way to go on getting everything!! It sounds like a really cool play ground! I want to come play! I can't wait to see it… thank you for explaining everything and again I'm sorry I did not know you had it all under control! You know what you are doing and you are doing an amazing job!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow!!! That sounds amazing! I'm sorry I didn't know it came with all that!! Way to go on getting everything!! It sounds like a really cool play ground! I want to come play! I can't wait to see it… thank you for explaining everything and again I'm sorry I did not know you had it all under control! You know what you are doing and you are doing an amazing job!!

Now that I know they are fit and healthy and have many happy years infront of them I will happily spoil them even more. Lol. I've even been looking at heat resistant princess castle background for them lol but partner said I'm going a bit to far lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just upgraded Izzy from her 55 gal to a 40 gal breeder from Petco as they are having their $1 a gal sale..

I did a similar thing! Norbert is in a temporary 20g and we got a 67g reptile sanctuary, doors open in front. I'm working on putting it together.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No!! You can never go to far for your babies and like you said these girls are your kids. Just cuz they are reptile doesn't mean they can't be spoiled! I think you should get the princess castle background, maybe wait and save up for it. But definitely get it!! After what these girls went thru they deserve a little bit of pampering!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No!! You can never go to far for your babies and like you said these girls are your kids. Just cuz they are reptile doesn't mean they can't be spoiled! I think you should get the princess castle background, maybe wait and save up for it. But definitely get it!! After what these girls went thru they deserve a little bit of pampering!!

I'll get it when he's at work then he can't stop me if it's up before he get home lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll get it when he's at work then he can't stop me if it's up before he get home lol

Lmao!!! I love it, you sound just like me! I would do the same thing!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lmao!!! I love it, you sound just like me! I would do the same thing!!

I got a week off work on Thursday so will have plenty of time to do it lol. Or I might get sky blue background and put a big rainbow rainbow sticker with a big pink castle in middle lol. I have loads of ideas for new viv lol.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I got a week off work on Thursday so will have plenty of time to do it lol. Or I might get sky blue background and put a big rainbow rainbow sticker with a big pink castle in middle lol. I have loads of ideas for new viv lol.

That sounds adorable! I can't wait till next weekend so I can see what you decide to do or make.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's like decorating a child's bed room. I keep looking for ideas on line lol. I've just seen some bunk beds for barbie type dolls and thought they would look good lol x

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's like decorating a child's bed room. I keep looking for ideas on line lol. I've just seen some bunk beds for barbie type dolls and thought they would look good lol x

I went to the hobby store and bought the materials, wood, fabric, stain, etc to make him a bed, Barbie doll size! Great minds think alike! I couldn't decide on the fabric for the mattress so I got 3 choices! Lol i think I'm going to do something similar to what you said. Have one side for a bedroom and make it look like a bedroom. I do know that some tile can be hard for beardies to walk on, as they can't grip it. Slate is a good choice and there are some tiles out there that are made so they can walk on them. Just an FYI for when you are out shopping for the tile.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Like these? LOL! My dad made them when I was little. I always wanted a Barbie house and he said they were cheap so he made a house with all the furniture. I just recently got the beds from him, the house is being stored at his house so it's not easy for me to access it. I just had to remake the mattresses and pillows.
IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Like these? LOL! My dad made them when I was little. I always wanted a Barbie house and he said they were cheap so he made a house with all the furniture. I just recently got the beds from him, the house is being stored at his house so it's not easy for me to access it. I just had to remake the mattresses and pillows. View attachment 15035View attachment 15036

Those are exactly what I'm working on!!! When it is done I will post pictures. It's a work in progress… labor of love!!

Latest posts