• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned about dinky!!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Today I have noticed that dinky isn't lifting her back end. When I lift her up she will cling on my hand with all 4 legs. She can lift her front end easy. She is eating fine. Blinky is fine no concerns about her x

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Has she pooped today? How does her vent look? Did she eat good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep she pooped it was normal she had loads of dandilion leafs and other fruit and veg she loves fruit n veg. 20 loctus witch is normal for her. She has a drink from the fountain that we put in for a hour a day.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Other than not lifting her back end she is fine x I was thinking maybe the start of mbd. I'm gonna add a bit of extra calcium dust to her food and get a replacement uvb bulb. It's more than likely me just worrying to much. But she has come so far in a short time.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Other than not lifting her back end she is fine x I was thinking maybe the start of mbd. I'm gonna add a bit of extra calcium dust to her food and get a replacement uvb bulb. It's more than likely me just worrying to much. But she has come so far in a short time.

I also know these types of dragons do at times just chill for no reason. As long as you don't see any bumps or humps or oddities on her I don't think it's MBD. Do you know if she could be gravid? Yes do get a new bulb, good idea. I unfortunately don't have that problem of bulbs getting old as my cats keep knocking the bulbs of and breaking them. Went through 3 in less than a month. I need to figure out how to get them to stop that. Those bulbs are expensive!!

I hope she's doing better tomorrow as I know it's after midnight for you now. Please keep me updated.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She hasn't had any signs of being gravid. She hasn't be scratching. She just goes to her food she uses her back legs but just doesn't lift her back end up its more like a army crawl then she will go back to her basking rock.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Is she getting enough time under the lights to process her food before you turn off the basking light? They need at least 2 hours to process and digest their food.

I read in your other post the temps and at night they need to be a bit cooler. So if you have heat going at night I would stop that. Do you have lights going at night? If the temps go below 65F then you need to add a CHE, no lights!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lights go off at night. From 8pm-6pm. Last feed is at 5pm and I empty food bowl. She will go get food and then lay under basking light again. She army crawls to food and back

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lights go off at night. From 8pm-6pm. Last feed is at 5pm and I empty food bowl. She will go get food and then lay under basking light again. She army crawls to food and back

I would turn lights off 2-3 hours after last feed. If they don't get the heat to process the food the food can rot in their tummy.

I would also take out any food dishes at night after lights out. Typically it's 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have thought impaction too if she wasn't lifting her back end but if she pooped that rules that out. Could she have fallen from something and maybe hurt herself? Any dark spots on her belly or vent that could look like bruising? I would say a vet visit would be good. If it is MBD they can start her out with a calcium shot.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just got home from work. She is a lot brighter now. I gave her cuddles and told her to stop scaring me. Now she's tapping on glass wanting to come out again lol. Hopefully she keeps it up and was just having a off day yesterday.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's great to hear!! Hopefully it was just an off day!! Glad she's doing better, thanks for letting us know!!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's great to hear!! Hopefully it was just an off day!! Glad she's doing better, thanks for letting us know!!

I've been so worried at work today. I left at 5am and wasn't back till 7pm. My partner don't go work till 8am comes home for a hour at 12 then he's home from 4.30pm. He's been telling me she's fine but I didn't believe it until I had her in my arms lol

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Glad she's better!
82b66c57d99585ed18537d6cc87baf80.jpg

Both mu baby girls. Dinky is almost back to her normal self. She's always been darker then blinky.
Got them a new uvb bulb today it seems to have helped her. They both loving it. Hopefully dinky will be 100% better in no time

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wanna say a massive thank you to everyone who gave me advice on dinky. I did everything everyone told me to try. I'm not sure what was wrong with her but she is now the happy little bouncy dragon that she was before she got ill. Words can't say how happy I am. Thank you all again

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear that she's feeling better.. It's amazing what change in lights, heat, food will do...
Oh that's not a big poop....my male amazes me everyday you can easily triple that and you would have 1 of Simons daily gifts! Thankfully both of mine do their business in the sink during bathtime.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6d6b6dd8268709225e357e72c887724a.jpg

just FYI I would remove the red light and only use white lighting as the colored bulbs don't allow their pupils to dilate correctly and can cause eye damage..
If you need night heat if it gets below 65F use a CHE ceramic heating element for heat..

Latest posts