• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can the habitat be to big?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Curious as to what kind of foam you used. Not the styrofoam that comes in boxes? Did you carve the bumps in or what? Also what kind of paint did you use? I see your first coat is grey and then what did you do to do the shading? I am NO artist by any stretch but it sure looks like my kind of project. Were there any fumes after it dried? Love the hide. How did you do that?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
Curious as to what kind of foam you used. Not the styrofoam that comes in boxes? Did you carve the bumps in or what? Also what kind of paint did you use? I see your first coat is grey and then what did you do to do the shading? I am NO artist by any stretch but it sure looks like my kind of project. Were there any fumes after it dried? Love the hide. How did you do that?

I'll bet it was Great Stuff, Vesta. You can get it at any home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowes.

By the way, nice viv, bgingras!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
But what exactly is it? Do you have to have some artist talent to work with it? I shop Lowes. What department is it in?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
But what exactly is it? Do you have to have some artist talent to work with it? I shop Lowes. What department is it in?

Click on my link, goofball. :p

I've seen it by the wood department at Home Depot, but not sure it's where it was "supposed" to be. You could always ask someone that works at your store.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you!!! My Grandchildren taught me those snappy comebacks!!!! ;)

dgingras

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Vesta said:

I am Brian's wife and I helped a little bit with the enclosure. The foam we started with is the pink foam you put around fountains when building a house. The we cut pieces to make the ramp up and the basking area. Then we use liquid nails and small screws to hold them in place. When the glue was set we use great stuff and just sprayed the foam all over the pink foam. Then when that was dry we did quite a few layers of grout. Each layer of grout was thicker then the first. Then we let that dry and when it was dry Brian did a sponge painting affect on the whole thing. I think that is all the steps we did, I tried to help out as much as I could but I was at work most of the time that he work on this so maybe he will be able to add more.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you "Brian's Wife" You are so much nicer than "SOME" people. We talk women talk so I kinda understand you. I'll look for that pink stuff next time I go to Lowes. I am going to assume that "great stuff" is something in a can that foams up and then hardens when you spray it on. Is the grout the same stuff you use on the floor? OHHHH!!!!! I feel the project bug biting me again!!! Got 2 projects ahead of it though!!! This is the stuff that keeps me moving and away from sitting in front of the computer screen all day!!! ;)

Craiger!!! I don't even know where your stinkin' link is. And if I find it...will I understand what you are saying or did you use terms I have never heard of? :p

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta.. did ya check his profile lovie ?
Just a thought...
Janie
That last one made it up to the count of 17... ::)

dgingras

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Vesta said:
Thank you "Brian's Wife" You are so much nicer than "SOME" people. We talk women talk so I kinda understand you. I'll look for that pink stuff next time I go to Lowes. I am going to assume that "great stuff" is something in a can that foams up and then hardens when you spray it on. Is the grout the same stuff you use on the floor? OHHHH!!!!! I feel the project bug biting me again!!! Got 2 projects ahead of it though!!! This is the stuff that keeps me moving and away from sitting in front of the computer screen all day!!! ;)

Craiger!!! I don't even know where your stinkin' link is. And if I find it...will I understand what you are saying or did you use terms I have never heard of? :p

Yes the grout is the stuff that you use when you grout your tile floors. I think he used the unsanded type. I just remembered one more thing he did. He sprayed a sealant on the whole thing then he put a layer of sand and then he sprayed another layer of sealant. The sand is there to help Spike with her grip. You will find the pink foam in the section with all the insulation.

My name is Daphne by the way.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Daphne !
Janie here ;).
Always nice to have names and faces to associate with ;)
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:

It's the underlined words, "Great Stuff". If you go back to my post and hover your mouse over those words, you'll see what I'm talking about. ;)

Sorry....I thought most of us were aware of how links show up when the URL is embedded in the wording.

Latest posts