• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bumble update

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They have the 3rd eye on their heads too. I can't look on Seymore but I have a great pic of Hefs 3rd eye. That took weeks for my astonishment about it to fade. Hef is knocked out on my pillow right now. Soooo cute.

Yes, the 3rd eye! We had this debate on FB as to where it is on the chameleon. I think it's right at the base of the casque between the eyes. It's not as distinguishable as it is in beardies.

Does Seymour vibrate when you touch him and he doesn't like it? When I touch Bumble on his shoulders he does this little vibrate thing like he's telling me to get my hands off.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He feels like a constricted muscle when I do hold him which is only when there's no other way he's super clear about acceptable behavior I can't put my hand near him without him hissing and lunging to bite me.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
28784c3176701efc199cd83bf83c843d.jpg
6a3a5a46b3d772eb8246e1bc2dfc3192.jpg
104a54cb7ef09adc302a71845ca9bdba.jpg
my Hef has been awake alot more the past 4 days but no food yet. When I offer it he looks at me like why am I doing this to him and like he's never seen a cricket in his life. He gets all dark until I pick him up every morning. He crashed out on pillow last nite for a long time.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I try not to react when Bumble is going to attack. I can tell when he's getting ready because the chin gets bigger like he's readying the tongue. When I see that or he hisses I freeze or slow my movements and give him some distance for a minute and then he gets over himself.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hef is very pretty. Have you tried a worm? Dexter can never say no to a nice juicy hornworm, no matter what mood she is in.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
No just crickets and salad hell take a bite of salad here and there I need to go get a few dubias and worms and offer him that

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's possible he woke up and decided he doesn't like crickets anymore.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know both Dexter and Luci got to a point where I would try to feed them crickets and they refused them but would eat other bugs.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yea sometimes Izzy turns up her dubia, right now she isn't wanting supers, but put a butter or a waxworm and boom down they go..

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok Hef ate about 10 wax worms no go on dubias tho . So now he's back it's over. I'll give him more in a little bit I didn't want to give too much since he hasn't eaten since october. I've had the hardest time finding mustard greens I don't know what's up with that. I e been getting escarole for Seymore but I don't know if Hefs gonna go for it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Now i'm convinced there is a problem. I haven't found mustard greens in any of my stores for the last month now. Someone else was telling me they can't find them either. Last winter I always found them, it was the collards and dandelion that I couldn't get last winter.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm I switch up my greens so I haven't gone to the store that typically has the mustard greens so I'll look next time I go there.. right now her greens are collard, turnip and kale then various veggies like squash/zuc/bell peppers and a pear

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Maybe it's been so oooo long since he's eaten he forgot he used to be a little pucky.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I found some mustards today! It was a small bunch and I had to go to a store that was a little bit of a trek but I got some and I also scored some fresh turnip greens too :)

Latest posts