• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bumble update

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is soo pretty!! I've always had a interest in them love the eye's, their feet lol and especially how they move they make me laugh...

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
They do make ya laugh . When Seymore looks at me with both eyes at the same time it makes me back up a little. Even without his little hissing .

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
Thanos is my Jackson's, I so wish he liked being held like my dragon does. He's so awesome but he's so not friendly
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks everyone. He really is something! @Candybugs he is ALWAYS in shed, especially that giant casque. @Lasen72 you're guy is gorgeous! The horns of the Jackson's always freaked me out but the more pictures I see of them the more I fall in love.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
69b9dd32a18834166c31fcab67b354d0.jpg
a75436d498f76d12e15d1613854bca69.jpg
Bumbles brother from another mother. I wish he liked even a little bit of attention. He thinks I'm his janitor like im his hired help.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Our bonding moments are if he has a cricket on him hell let me get it off of him without lunging and hissing at me. It's a very touching time for me. Lol

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Does bumble eat salad. Seymore loves it every morning I didn't even know they ate salad until he tried to bite his vine around 8 mos old or so.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I knew I liked you! Someone I know just lost a chameleon and I told her I always thought of him as Bumble's brother from another mother.

He pretends not to want to have anything to do with me but when I pay more attention to the dragons he always walks the door of his cage to get as close to me as possible. He loves his salad! I started putting a bowl in for him when I noticed him eating his spider plant. Now he has a routine every morning, after he basis for a bit he has to eat his salad. His favorite is collard greens and shredded zucchini.

Seymour is beautiful! I wish Bumble would get out of his constant shed so we can see his real colors.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my goodness they are sooooo pretty!!! Ok I gotta ask how quickly do they change colors and just how many colors can they change to??

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ya know how the dragon gets darker that's what they do .Seymore is really bright colors in the am then he basks and gets all dark. When he's truly mad green polka dots come out. That's about the most dramatic thing his colors do. The first year is exciting because their patterns and colors develop and change Seymore and bumble both look like they sucked down spaghetti they have orange around their mouths . I have head pics of both of them and they were like twin spaghetti bandits. Hard to tell them apart.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When I took Bumble out of the box he had blue bars that you could just see and as he got older they got more pronounced. Most of the time he's as David says, "old guacamole" color but at night when he goes to bed his bars turn yellow and his whole body is like a lime green color. When he gets upset the yellow stripes turn darker yellow and he gets black polka dots all over. As he got older more of the rust color came out around his mouth and on his knees and elbows. The fun part is when he gets upset or curious he pushes out the flaps at the base of his casque, like little tiny Dumbo ears! His color also brightens up when he's doing something that makes him happy, like being alone in his free range looking out the window.

I'll try to get a picture of him in his "pjs".

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When I took Bumble out of the box he had blue bars that you could just see and as he got older they got more pronounced. Most of the time he's as David says, "old guacamole" color but at night when he goes to bed his bars turn yellow and his whole body is like a lime green color. When he gets upset the yellow stripes turn darker yellow and he gets black polka dots all over. As he got older more of the rust color came out around his mouth and on his knees and elbows. The fun part is when he gets upset or curious he pushes out the flaps at the base of his casque, like little tiny Dumbo ears! His color also brightens up when he's doing something that makes him happy, like being alone in his free range looking out the window.

I'll try to get a picture of him in his "pjs".
That is just soo fascinating about them and their color changes..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's a misconception that they change colors to match their surroundings. They mostly change color due to their moods and temperatures, like bearded dragons do.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The other fascinating thing is they don't have ears! They can sense vibration and I think make out some sound but they don't have any actual ears.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
They have the 3rd eye on their heads too. I can't look on Seymore but I have a great pic of Hefs 3rd eye. That took weeks for my astonishment about it to fade. Hef is knocked out on my pillow right now. Soooo cute.

Latest posts