• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building Your Own Rock Structure (Video)

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
see i used melamine for the inside walls so I cant adhere anything to them.. so I think I will have to sand where needed and stick them polysterene to the wall that way

DSC_0120.jpg

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Im half way done my walls using styrofoam and grout. But on a small sample piece of foam I have put three coats of grout on it (a light brown colour) and then tried a coa-coa bean colour acrylic paint. it still doesnt seem right. anyone know a good desert mountain looking colour to use in acrylic paint?? 'mystic brown' ? ' devilish dark'? etc lol

Lilclap

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a question. I am going to turn my old gun cabinet i made into a cage for my beardie. Going to do the whole entire thing with this stuff. 2 or 3 levels, but a question if i do this. Im going to make a cave. Do i have to do all the grout & seal the inside of the cave too? If so ill have to make my cave first then connect it to where i want it instead of how i was thinking to do it. Anyone know for sure? Any feed back would help tons. I WILL NOT start this project till i know 100% for sure if the inside needs treated the same as the outside of the cave for beardie health or what have you.. thanks!

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i wouldnt think so since wood from the cabinet wouldnt be toxic to the lizard. just clean it first ?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes it will be. Anything the dragon will be exposed to has to be grouted and sealed. Styrofoam is toxic if ingested, so all styrofoam that the dragon can get to needs to be covered

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a heads up, I have made 2 of these fake rocks for my Dillinger. Apply about 5-6 coats of grout on the structure, with each layer thicker than the last unless you want it to crumble and be easy to break....Dillinger also liked to literally attack his first one and was breaking the grout off...Its alot more time consuming but go the extra mile and add the few extra coats.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
the tip on painting on the styrofoam is to get a little darker then you want bc it will lighten up wonce it ries liek everything else and also there is spray paint that is textured that works great and i have used personally and one last thing is if you use a lighter really fast across the styrofoam is makes it more of a rocky texture and makes it more real. . . .

Latest posts