• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building Your Own Rock Structure (Video)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very nice! That was a great "how to". Thanks for sharing.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
this is so easy to do! i redid my whole sailfin dragons cage using this method. Also made my beardie a hide! Its easy and cheap to do and makes everything look awesome!! Dubya11, this isnt toxic for lizards. What you have to do is after adding all the grout and paint you put a sealer on it and it locks everything in and makes it water proof. Im adding pics to this so you can see the cage and hide i made using this technique. hope you like it!

Attachments

• calypso\'s hide.jpg
    calypso\'s hide.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 51
  • final cage.jpg
    final cage.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 54
  • sallys cage 2.jpg
    sallys cage 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 48
  • sallys cage 3.jpg
    sallys cage 3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 52
  • sallys cage.jpg
    sallys cage.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 52

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
wanna help me i just dont know what kind of styrofoam to use i know everything says polystyrene and i asked our local hardware store and they had no idea they just said heres some styrofoam..

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
any type of foam works. regular foam like in a box when you buy something or you can use foam sheet insilation like you would put in your walls of your house. I used regular styrofoam, its cheaper and easier to work with. let me know if you need any pointers! ill be happy to help:)

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
joshjack,.... for your fake walls, you used styrofoam with grout and then something like modge podge, then paint then a sealant? that order?

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I like the look you have there.. how did you get them to stay on the side? I think I may use screws to support the bottom of the styrofoam?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I like the look you have there.. how did you get them to stay on the side? I think I may use screws to support the bottom of the styrofoam?
What I did was used a solid sheet on all 3 sides then used liquid nails to glue the other pieces onto the sides then let that sit for a day until you start to add grout. Start the grout off liquidy then thicker each coax then use paint for detail then leteverything dry fOr a day or two then add 2 coats or sealer.

Latest posts