• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BSFL

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can imagine other people reading our threads and going what???? What are they talking about? This has nothing to do with fly's and BSFL's!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I can imagine other people reading our threads and going what???? What are they talking about? This has nothing to do with fly's and BSFL's!!

Yep, I was going to comment about BSFL and then this topic went off on a tangent LOL!

Anyway, I don't use BSFL, all of my animals poop them out whole and it's gross and confusing because I don't know did they not eat it or did it come out their butt! When I bought Otis, my pac man frog, I got free BSFL and tried to feed them to him. He was terrified of worms and refused to eat them and I thought I got them all out of his dirt. 2 weeks later I come home from work and hear the buzzing, one fly in his tank. Took it out and tried to give it to the chameleon, he didn't want it so I gave it to the jumpy frogs. For the next month, one day a week we would have a fly in the tank. It was crazy!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, I was going to comment about BSFL and then this topic went off on a tangent LOL!

Anyway, I don't use BSFL, all of my animals poop them out whole and it's gross and confusing because I don't know did they not eat it or did it come out their butt! When I bought Otis, my pac man frog, I got free BSFL and tried to feed them to him. He was terrified of worms and refused to eat them and I thought I got them all out of his dirt. 2 weeks later I come home from work and hear the buzzing, one fly in his tank. Took it out and tried to give it to the chameleon, he didn't want it so I gave it to the jumpy frogs. For the next month, one day a week we would have a fly in the tank. It was crazy!

You know I have seen them whole in Wally's poop. I was just thinking maybe he didn't get enough time under the lights.

Aww he was terrified of worms! That's sad but funny!

PatsyB has bearded dragons, pac man frog, jumpy frogs, chameleon and fly's!!! What a combination of pets!! Lol lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

Lol yes we got a little off topic.

I have heard that is a problem a lot of reptiles have with BSFL and wax worms. It's weird. Spyra seems to digest them well but she just doesn't really like them anymore. We plan on just keeping roaches as a staple and doing away with the BSFL since it's just a waste of money now. We are going to start alternating between small hornworms, supers, and butters as treats to go with her roaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wow! A gourami! What color is he? I like the orange ones, they are pretty!

Welcome to PatsyB's zoo - where we can have fly's for dinner! Lol

How is Dexter?
The gourami is yellow. It's name is Hans Solo because it can't be kept with other fish.

Dexter acts normal but whatever it is isn't going away so the next step is biopsy to figure out what it is. :(

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The gourami is yellow. It's name is Hans Solo because it can't be kept with other fish.

Dexter acts normal but whatever it is isn't going away so the next step is biopsy to figure out what it is. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, I know this wasn't what you wanted but after this at least you will know exactly what is going on. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious and can be easily treated.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran

Awwww PatsyB I am so sorry it's not going away. Biopsy sounds awful. Will they have to put her to sleep?

At least this thing whatever it is isn't bothering her. I am praying for you and Dexter.

Has Dolly lost any weight or is she still being stubborn and not eating her greens?

Matt.keith7

Hatchling Dragon
I had a superworm morph in a box that Shenron's things came in. It must have been hiding/stuck in the flaps of this cardboard box from the previous owner. I thought it was pretty cool.

52c826f63bb06258d0e90c8bc23ae8fd.jpg

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I had a superworm morph in a box that Shenron's things came in. It must have been hiding/stuck in the flaps of this cardboard box from the previous owner. I thought it was pretty cool.

52c826f63bb06258d0e90c8bc23ae8fd.jpg

I did not know what insect supers turned into. That is pretty cool/creepy lol.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Oh crud that sucks about Dexter :(

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had sand in my enclosure twenty years ago and a few supers burrowed into the sand and then into my cork logs and morphed into those beetles. The dragons made no attempt to eat them, just watched them like "What the he!! is that". Throw a fuzzy or pinky mouse in and there would be a squeek and no more mouse. No blood but some might not want to watch. Once mine are a little older I might get a few pinkies and see what they do.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I had sand in my enclosure twenty years ago and a few supers burrowed into the sand and then into my cork logs and morphed into those beetles. The dragons made no attempt to eat them, just watched them like "What the he!! is that". Throw a fuzzy or pinky mouse in and there would be a squeek and no more mouse. No blood but some might not want to watch. Once mine are a little older I might get a few pinkies and see what they do.

Ha! Last month at the reptile show we got Wally his first pinky. It was about the size of one of these large dubia's. He ate it just as fast as a dubia and no blood, but since it was his first one I went thru his poop every day with a toothpick to make sure he digested it. I never saw anything from it.

The next reptile show is Sunday, October the 11th and we are thinking about getting him another one. As they are only $.50 a piece. But like I said they are small! It cried the whole way home.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I gave them to my two girls after they laid eggs to build their strength back up. Unfortunately, I never had any hatch, might not have been fertile or humidity was too wet and the eggs molded or too dry and they shriveled up. I'm undecided if I will try again in a couple years. Some of Sheila's clutch mates are paradox dragons so she might produce some even though she doesn't show the traits. We have a show here in three weeks. I won't buy any pets but will be looking for cage decorations like large cork logs or bargains on lighting. Grandson wants another leopard gecko so Batman has a friend.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I gave them to my two girls after they laid eggs to build their strength back up. Unfortunately, I never had any hatch, might not have been fertile or humidity was too wet and the eggs molded or too dry and they shriveled up. I'm undecided if I will try again in a couple years. Some of Sheila's clutch mates are paradox dragons so she might produce some even though she doesn't show the traits. We have a show here in three weeks. I won't buy any pets but will be looking for cage decorations like large cork logs or bargains on lighting. Grandson wants another leopard gecko so Batman has a friend.

I hear leopard geckos are a bit easier to care for as in housing and lighting than the bearded dragons. Is that true? How big do they get? Can you hold them and snuggle with them like the beardies?

I like going to the show to network. It's how we found our new vet. Wally did really good with him too.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

That's hilarious [emoji23] that's the way Spyra looks at her salad.
Due to the high level of fat in pinkies I am personally staying away from them until she lays eggs. Than I will give one just to help rebuild strength. I have so many of them on deck for my corn snake but as for now they are all his [emoji4]

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They should have a good amount of calcium in them as well. Very good for thin dragons like rescues. I wish Flash was big enough to eat them. He could use some fattening up. I weighed him today and he was the same as when I got him from the grandson. Frustrating because I put more time in with him than my three and not seeing any improvement yet, it's been a week.

Latest posts