• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BSFL

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just wanted to share with you guys who feed BSFL what happens when you order a crap load of these guys and your Beardie doesn't eat them...
7dd64168ab091154a075fa1698e65029.jpg

03432c98091e009c4bc4d672a727b56a.jpg

They turn into this [emoji23]
I've never had any actually morph before and thought I'd share the experience with you guys lol. Maddie killed one that got loose in the house, and set the other free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just wanted to share with you guys who feed BSFL what happens when you order a crap load of these guys and your Beardie doesn't eat them...
7dd64168ab091154a075fa1698e65029.jpg

03432c98091e009c4bc4d672a727b56a.jpg

They turn into this [emoji23]
I've never had any actually morph before and thought I'd share the experience with you guys lol. Maddie killed one that got loose in the house, and set the other free

I think you can feed the fly's to the beardies.

I'm like you, the 1000 is TOO many. I just ordered Wally some since Tony contaminated our last order! Lol and we backed down to 500 cuz the 1000 with us half were not getting ate and I felt I was wasting them.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wanted to feed her them but maddie acted to fast lol. She was freaked out. And I agree 1000 is just too much. If she ate them like she does her dubias or supers it would be perfect but that's not the case

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wally is the same way!

Have you ever gotten the small ones? Well we did by accident. That's the cup that Tony messed up. I'm glad they were the small ones. They are teeny tiny. It would take 5 or more to make 1 of the regular size ones. Lacey eats like 20 of them at a time but omg they are so small. Like the size of a hang nail on your finger.

I can just see Spyra and Wally eating hundreds of these and looking at us like…… what's next! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes girl, I ordered smalls before I knew how big BSFL actually was and it was hilarious. Spyra wouldn't eat them at first due to the fact that she couldn't see them really lol. When she finally did eat them she literally ate the entire cup (which was 200) in one setting. Boy was it time consuming to fish out 200 of those tiny little things

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
But I guess they are a good meal for little lady :) I'm glad to hear she is eating so well. She's going to be a big girl before you know it

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can't imagine fishing those tiny things out for Wally! Bless you! That had to take hours! Lmao

I'm dying for Saturday to get here so I can weigh her and see how much weight she has put on.

At this rate she's going to need her forever home sooner than I can budget one! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha it was terrible girl. At that point in time I was such a newbie so I just thought this is what every one goes through [emoji23]

Please let us know when you do weigh her. It's so exciting to hear about her adventures and read your updates as she grows and progresses. Overall would you say she requires more work than Wally? Or is it about equal? Have you guys seen how people take old dressers and cabinets and transform them into big beautiful enclosures? I can't build but it looks like it would be a fun project. Tony may enjoy something like it

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha it was terrible girl. At that point in time I was such a newbie so I just thought this is what every one goes through [emoji23]

Please let us know when you do weigh her. It's so exciting to hear about her adventures and read your updates as she grows and progresses. Overall would you say she requires more work than Wally? Or is it about equal? Have you guys seen how people take old dressers and cabinets and transform them into big beautiful enclosures? I can't build but it looks like it would be a fun project. Tony may enjoy something like it

I will definitely let you know how much she weighs and how much she gained.

As far as more work. I don't think her being a baby is more work. She is more spry and needs more help to stay focused on eating. It reminds me of when Wally was younger. I'm grateful that I was able to get one so young and experience that part of it. I mean she was 23 days old when we got her.

I think having 2 is more work for sure! I have to order twice as many feeders and I have to order the extra small ones and now large ones for him. So I need double the space to hold the feeders and all their stuff. But I wouldn't change anything.

I have seen some of those kinds of enclosures and he would love to build one. Problem is we are still in an apartment. Almost 9 years here! We have been house hunting and have finally agreed on one. So until we get our forever enclosure we are stuck with store bought enclosures for the kids.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh I bet you do have your hands full, i can only imagine. I want to get a baby from a breeder so bad but I know the time just isn't right. Maddie works full time and I'm a full time student doing volunteer work. As much as I want a baby now I know it would be selfish of me to do that so I'll wait. In the mean time I can look at the pics you guys share of Lacey and take in all of her cuteness :)

We want a big custom enclosure to but we have the same issue, we are stuck with the store bought ones for now. We just don't have the space right now. I am hoping to find about a 75 gal enclosure and upgrade to that, but anything bigger will just take up too much space right now. I'm hoping to have something before Spyra is old enough to lay eggs

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh I bet you do have your hands full, i can only imagine. I want to get a baby from a breeder so bad but I know the time just isn't right. Maddie works full time and I'm a full time student doing volunteer work. As much as I want a baby now I know it would be selfish of me to do that so I'll wait. In the mean time I can look at the pics you guys share of Lacey and take in all of her cuteness :)

We want a big custom enclosure to but we have the same issue, we are stuck with the store bought ones for now. We just don't have the space right now. I am hoping to find about a 75 gal enclosure and upgrade to that, but anything bigger will just take up too much space right now. I'm hoping to have something before Spyra is old enough to lay eggs

That's my worry with Lacey. We will need something big enough to put a lay box in. I've been looking but I've got a bit longer than you do. I've heard it can come as early as 1yr or as late as 2yrs old. You have at least 7 months. I've got 11 months!

I just realized I need to read up on female bearded dragons! All I know about is males!

Wow! You 2 are busier than us! But we are twice your age! You 2 are just getting started with your lives. How great it would be to be young again!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh Sssshhhh you guys are still young and wonderful :)
But it's stressful, always so much pressure to get everything figured out and get on with life. I wish it would all just pass.

We still have a lot of research to do as well. 7 months will fly by so we need to get to it! I've read you can put a cat litter box full of sand in the enclosure for them. Than I've read not to do that, instead you need a whole other enclosure. I've read confusing mixed reviews on how to prep the sand, where to set the basking light and what temps need to be. And than there is pinky mice...who knows what's best lol. Definitely have a lot of research left to do and quickly

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh Sssshhhh you guys are still young and wonderful :)
But it's stressful, always so much pressure to get everything figured out and get on with life. I wish it would all just pass.

We still have a lot of research to do as well. 7 months will fly by so we need to get to it! I've read you can put a cat litter box full of sand in the enclosure for them. Than I've read not to do that, instead you need a whole other enclosure. I've read confusing mixed reviews on how to prep the sand, where to set the basking light and what temps need to be. And than there is pinky mice...who knows what's best lol. Definitely have a lot of research left to do and quickly

I hate being responsible and grown up! I hate bills! Lol

As much as I hate saying this I will say it - I miss being grounded and sent to my room for a week!

Omg now I know I've got to do reading and research. I can ask Shauna and Christy as they both have females. Shauna's is 10yrs old and Christy's is 4yrs old. Let me ask them what they use and what they do.

I can't imagine having another enclosure. Where would I put it??

Ha! 45 is not as young as you think! I got my first ticket last week in 25 years! That makes me feel OLD! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha imagine me I'm in the middle. To old to depend on mommy and daddy and to young and inexperienced to be completely stable. I'm ready to quit it all, move to Cali, get a van, and sell peanut butter sandwiches out of it [emoji23]

When you find out please let us know. I would appreciate it so much i don't know what to believe on the Internet with all of the mixed results

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lmao!!!!!! Tony I don't know if they have spoons in West Virginia!

We are in Virginia thank you [emoji23] and yes they do have spoons here we just don't use them, sort of like we don't use our brains sometimes. Those were terrible times smh. Looking back I feel sorry for Spyra, you know she was thinking "seriously? That's how you are going about this?"

Latest posts