• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation Question (Francis I need your opinion especially)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ive been on the times u were banned...i mean these people need to understand reptile husbandry is like people's religions....you cant tell a person their religion is wrong...if it works for them then let it be and if anything take things from both of your religions to make something better...the point of a forum in my opinion is to share your way of things and information you have...i refuse to be told im wrong if im stating what works for me and what concrete evidence i have is wrong...ill go on and on saying what i wish on that forum...no reason why people there need to be left in the dark about other ways to care for the dragon

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im still shocked that the mod that posted on there (crystal) actually agreed with my post. she never agrees with me lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she and i used to bump heads alot too...shes gotten much better and is alot more open to ideas now...atleast someone made progress

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
There's a big difference between forums where keepers can share ideas openly and what i call the "peanut gallery forums" where the rule of thumb is catered for beginners. Have you guys ever noticed that I'm one of a very few aussies that you bumped into on US based forums there's a reason for that ;).

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
There's a big difference between forums where keepers can share ideas openly and what i call the "peanut gallery forums" where the rule of thumb is catered for beginners. Have you guys ever noticed that I'm one of a very few aussies that you bumped into on US based forums there's a reason for that ;).
well i sure as hell am glad we got u...u've helped me tons with understanding beardie's natural way of life...btw do you have any info on frillies you may wanna share with me since all my info ive learned from trial and error with frank and a few reliable articles/people ive come across?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
well i sure as hell am glad we got u...u've helped me tons with understanding beardie's natural way of life...btw do you have any info on frillies you may wanna share with me since all my info ive learned from trial and error with frank and a few reliable articles/people ive come across?

Not much, Candice they are not as common in captivity here due to the fact that they are on a higher license and can be difficult to breed. The Oz frillie has different requirements to the PNG so I'm afraid i won't be of much help. :(
OZ frillies have a tendancy to "sulk" hence the lack of popularity in captivity. I also know that with breeding them it's not as easy as BDs as in cool them down and let them go for it. You need to trick them into thinking it's just comming out of the rainy season, how you do that i don't know?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got some ideas about that.... Candice... you'll need lots of room... Lots of 6 mil plastic... and... correctly temped water...
Know where I'm heading with that... Francis ?
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
actually in order to make the "season" change for them is a matter of humidity levels chaning for them...the "rainy season" humidity levels are high 70s and even 80s where the dry season is around 40-60%...the PNG have a tendency to sulk too but not as much thankfully...the more wild the animal is in nature the more of a tendency they have to sulk but the ones with more of captive blood tend to be pretty outgoing and dont sulk much...what about their care differs from the Aussie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
I've got some ideas about that.... Candice... you'll need lots of room... Lots of 6 mil plastic... and... correctly temped water...
Know where I'm heading with that... Francis ?
Janie
haha wait till summertime...hopefully by then i can completely revamp franks cage with timed rain systems, waterfall and solid "rock" sides to help hold humidity in but still keeping it lightweight *wheels in my brain are turning*

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Aussie need a more drier climate and hotter, not to mention a bigger cage lol. Aussie frillies are'nt as friendly, you pretty much have to treat them like a varanid, more look, no touch as too much handling would make them sulk. Most keepers here keep them in isolated rooms with no other reptiles in sight.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha gosh i wish! gene and i have a list of things our permanent home needs to have
2 person jacuzzi tub
basement
attic
garage (2 car)
atleast 4 bedroom (planning ahead for our future children and reptiles)
the list goes on lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
Aussie need a more drier climate and hotter, not to mention a bigger cage lol. Aussie frillies are'nt as friendly, you pretty much have to treat them like a varanid, more look, no touch as too much handling would make them sulk. Most keepers here keep them in isolated rooms with no other reptiles in sight.
i can definitely see why they need larger enclosures....they get HUGEEEEE

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does anyone else find it ironic that people that practice the "outside of the box" husbandry and move forward with their own forethought are those closest to natural behaviors, and witness more of a natural collection of traits?
LOL.........and they think we're all crazy!

Latest posts