• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Superworms

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OKAY GUYS! Here's an update.

WELLLLL, once my aliens became beetles, I put all the beetles into one container. I put in some mustard greens, and a carrot. I washed them all..... I started getting mold and I was not pleased. I got the mold from not drying off the food...so putting that in dry substrate....ugh.

But all is good now.

I HAVE LITTLE WORMS NOW! :D
Now it's a matter of waiting till they are of size!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats.

Question: My aliens have been aliens for about 2+ weeks. When are they going to become beetles? They are still alive b/c I have seen them flopping, just thought they would have turned by now.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It can be anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks, Sandra. Just give them a little more time. Once they complete the change, they'll all usually change over within a few days of each other. Could be as much as a week, though. Just give them a little time.

I've had some get stuck and die in the conversion from alien-to-beetle process. So don't be surprised if one or two do (depending on how many you're converting). This happens almost every time, so it's to be expected. I've even had them convert over to beetle enough to crawl around and live for a bit, but they most always die within a week if they fail to completely convert.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What Craig said. lol.

I also think it's weird because right now (I haven't even cleaned the compartments yet), I still have a WORM that's moving! Weeeeird. Seems to be a fighter LOL!

And good luck with yours, Sandra!

Latest posts