• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bleeding from mouth,

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still pretty much the same, temps are good, I’m force feeding with critical care carnivore, link did not expose any vets in my area but I did find one, her appointment is next Tuesday, yesterday when I fed her mouth bled again, still not moving much, still lethargic
When taking to the vet NO enemas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they want a fecal take one in ----- there was another person on a another forum that took the dragon to the vet and they did a enema and ruptured the intestines and the lungs filled w/ fluid -- the dragon died! Have you figured out what caused the injury? Are you keeping her warmer at night? W/ a ceramic heat emitter? You want temps around 80 since she is not feeling the best-- Please post a pic of the tank so we can see what might have caused the injury to her

Dennisg

Bearded Dragon Egg
When taking to the vet NO enemas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they want a fecal take one in ----- there was another person on a another forum that took the dragon to the vet and they did a enema and ruptured the intestines and the lungs filled w/ fluid -- the dragon died! Have you figured out what caused the injury? Are you keeping her warmer at night? W/ a ceramic heat emitter? You want temps around 80 since she is not feeling the best-- Please post a pic of the tank so we can see what might have caused the injury to her
I don’t think she’s injured, she doesn’t move much, I wonder if I injured her force feeding or could it be mouth rot? I use a ceramic heat emitter at night

Attachments

• 889EB0E3-3176-42CA-B40A-59F5354A7EB5.jpeg
    889EB0E3-3176-42CA-B40A-59F5354A7EB5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 999DDC34-1C31-41EB-AEA0-60AF8E552D54.jpeg
    999DDC34-1C31-41EB-AEA0-60AF8E552D54.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 07130CE3-6DA5-4C39-8873-B08C5F1442C1.jpeg
    07130CE3-6DA5-4C39-8873-B08C5F1442C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 6A796061-9D0F-4E82-AFAA-947EF9F043B2.jpeg
    6A796061-9D0F-4E82-AFAA-947EF9F043B2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 73399148-145F-415A-A0B1-FC73BD0CE8B3.jpeg
    73399148-145F-415A-A0B1-FC73BD0CE8B3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t think she’s injured, she doesn’t move much, I wonder if I injured her force feeding or could it be mouth rot? I use a ceramic heat emitter at night
What is the temp at night ambient? How are you getting temps in the tank? I dont see any gauges at all --- have you gotten her into a vet? And how is the honey working? That slab rock in there would of done the injury if she bit down on that? They will do that if they are lacking supplements- Are you giving any calcium? Please take a piece of decor and place it directly under the UVB it needs to be 12-15 inches above her and I think it looks to be NO screen am I seeing correctly?

Dennisg

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is the temp at night ambient? How are you getting temps in the tank? I dont see any gauges at all --- have you gotten her into a vet? And how is the honey working? That slab rock in there would of done the injury if she bit down on that? They will do that if they are lacking supplements- Are you giving any calcium? Please take a piece of decor and place it directly under the UVB it needs to be 12-15 inches above her and I think it looks to be NO screen am I seeing correctly?
90-95 at night, laser temperature gun, gave her honey a few times, not eating dubias and that’s when I would dust them with supplements, no screen

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
90-95 at night, laser temperature gun, gave her honey a few times, not eating dubias and that’s when I would dust them with supplements, no screen
please adjust the decor under the UVB so shes getting it directly -- did you do a vet visit? please get 2 digital probe thermometers for your tank Zoo Med makes them can be purchased at Pet Smart or Petco etc -- temp is too hot at night it needs to be 80 or so she wont get any rest w/ temps that high at night its too hot--- your dragon looks like shes losing weight -- please call around and try and find a vet --- maybe try a rescue place that can refer out or a pet store to see if they know of any in the area -- how far out did you go for miles ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still pretty much the same, temps are good, I’m force feeding with critical care carnivore, link did not expose any vets in my area but I did find one, her appointment is next Tuesday, yesterday when I fed her mouth bled again, still not moving much, still lethargic
Update on the dragon

Latest posts